Sign in to follow this  

xr600 for huskie or berg

hey guys, im looking at trading my trusty xr600 for something a little lighter and more powerfull. what bike would you reccomend? it needs to be 550 cc or higher,reliable,low maintainance,road registerable and below 120kgs dry.

hey guys, im looking at trading my trusty xr600 for something a little lighter and more powerfull. what bike would you reccomend? it needs to be 550 cc or higher,reliable,low maintainance,road registerable and below 120kgs dry.

Sorry, nothing in our stable fits that bill. If you could stand a few more pounds the 610 would meet all that criteria or if you weren't hard set on the 550 cc the 510 might work.

how heavy are they? 510,610? ive managed to get the xr down too 118 kgs(dry) was hoping the husk would be as light. do they have alloy frames,and hows the reliability?

how heavy are they? 510,610? ive managed to get the xr down too 118 kgs(dry) was hoping the husk would be as light. do they have alloy frames,and hows the reliability?

The 610 weighs in at about 135 kilos, the 510 is about 20 kilos less. The 610 is practically bullet proof while the 450/510 are more competition oriented and require more maintenance, that's not to say that the 450/510 are fragile they just weren't made to be rode year after year without extensive service.

When you ask about alloy frames I assume you mean aluminum, the answer to that is no they are made out of chromolly steel and while many think that it is old school some of us believe that the steel frames are superior to the aluminum ones. There really is no significant difference is the weight of a well designed steel frame and a aluminum one, the difference is in the fact that the aluminum frames are made more rigid which some of us believe is the wrong approach (steel has feel).

do you mean 135kgs dry? a xr600 is 123kgsdry 135kgs wet. tell me the hus isnt 135 dry?