Sign in to follow this  

Wheelie Turn

Can anyone get their 250x to do a wheelie turn from a dead stop? I know the technique and everything but I can't seem to do one. I can walk a wheelie from a dead stop but I can't just turn it around?

i can, just if you want to turn right, lean right until it will start drifting to the right then lean left and have the bike lean right. (right side nob)

and be careful doing this beause i have had the tire give out on the dirt and i have fall'en pretty hard doing this. so try to do it and super hard pack road or pavement.

some people have different opinions on how to do it but that is my way. sorry if i butchured the wording.

it is A LOT harder said then done. i have been able to do this since i was 12 and now im 13. but i ride bmx and free ride mountain bikes, every day and ride dirtbikes every weekend. plus i have been riding since i was 3.

I'm due for a new tire soon too so that will help with getting the bike stood up completely strait(middle knobs on rear were down to 1/8 of an inch as of a couple weeks ago, so less now:ride: ) I've been 1500 miles on this one so its been good lol

oh yah...............its time. when i wheelie, i sit down and the bike is almost straight up, i just use throttle control, and fether the back brake.

i think you will find it really easy once you get very comfortable with your bike. i cant do the full 180, well i havnt tried but i often do 90deg at a time. not sure how ur meant to do it but i just sit right up the back pop it up while i pull back and twist, pivoting on my right foot if im turning right. i don't actually get it onto its balance point i dont think but just manhandle it around while its up. hope this helps. the best part about learning this is u can throw it on its side or just slide along with the bike when you stuff up so you don't break anything :)

Assume were talkin doing u turn's in a tight spot were you cant spin it around? not riding wheelies? The crf is harder to do than shorter wheelbase bikes like my old XR. I need to weight the back of the seat just as i release the clutch, loft the front wheel and slide off the back of the seat to get feet on ground. During the whole thing your sort of pulling the bike around to whichever side you want it to go. 90 deg for me too, usually down in some rut or something that make it hard to get feet and rear wheel to spin 180. Trials tire make it easier, autoclutch and trials tire makes it a lot easier.

edit: I tried to find a You tube, but seems what everyone calls a wheelie turn isn't what I described

• Like 1

I'm comfortable with my bike i ride at least 3 days a week(7 days if i can find the time). This isn't something i've practiced alot cuz since december here in the south its been sloppy wet and where i live its hard to get the bike to stand up at all when its wet lol. So im gonna give all this a try when it drys up. thanks

The autoclutch in my X makes it really easy to turn it around like that. If I am going to turn to the Left I lean it to the left a little (like I am going to do a doughnut, plant my LH foot on the ground and the RH on the peg. Then just give it some gas and pull back on the bars while pressing on that RH peg. The front end will come up and pivot around my RH foot on the peg. Or at least thats what it feels like. That bike with the autoclutch is super easy to loft the front end so that really helps.