Looking for a fellow motocyclist and experienced excavation/retaining wall contractor

**This seems like the most appropriate forum, sorry if it is not.**

I have a small retaining wall that I need built in Beaverton (under 4' tall so no permit required) and about 75' long. We are thinking boulder or possibly large cement block.

I was hoping to find a qualified fellow motorcyclist that is perhaps feeling the sting of the economy and needs to make some money on the side. Optimally they would have their own equipment or are comfortable renting and can transport the equipment to my house (3 miles away from United Rentals in Hillsboro) and would like to make some cash on the side. I can pay United Rentals directly for the equipment if need be, purchase the rock directly, ect.. and then pay cash for time, so no out of pocket expenses for you. We've followed a few CL ads but were not happy with what we got and have not hired the job out. Before we pay a random contractor out of the yellow pages I figured I'd give this a shot to give $$ to someone in the motorcycle community. Please have references, insured and bonded people will move to the front of the line.

The scope of the job is that we are building up the RV parking area at our new house and getting it ready to pour concrete. The job would include digging a small and level trench to place the stones/blocks into, back filling against it with dirt, bringing in 3/4minus and leveling out the parking area at the required grade to ensure water moves away from the house. While the equipment is there I would like my future back yard to get graded flat.

If you are interested or know someone who fits the bill, send me a PM.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Dude I could import back some Afghans riding some Jing-Hao Chinese motorbikes to hammer that bad boy out for you in about 10 minutes. Those guys can build a wall like I've never seen!

Seriously, very generous offer on your part. ?

God Bless America

I don't need a retaining wall, but if there are any motorcycling doctors out there I need a heart transplant. Only qualified doctors should reply. We can do it at my house and I'll pay cash and I have my own tools! No paper work, no IRS so we all win! Seriously dude any good contractor that knows what he is doing is not going to work like that, and if he does he is a fool.

I don't need a retaining wall, but if there are any motorcycling doctors out there I need a heart transplant. Only qualified doctors should reply. We can do it at my house and I'll pay cash and I have my own tools! No paper work, no IRS so we all win! Seriously dude any good contractor that knows what he is doing is not going to work like that, and if he does he is a fool.

Work like what? And exactly how is he a fool?

He asked for a licensed and bonded contractor. He asked for references. He is willing to front the expenses for rental and materials if needed, which he would be invoiced for regardless. I bet there are a few contractors out there that don't have enough reserves to rent or purchase much of anything right now. Payment in cash is fine, as long as the contractor claims it to the IRS.

Besides, Oregon law states that if the work is over $2000, and it sounds as though it would be, then a written contract must be made. This protects both parties. I know all the paperwork and rules add a little in cost, but in this litigious society we live in, it is well worth the time and effort to cover your assets.

Of course, the possibilities are there for a simple job to turn into a giant mess. So, if he does use an unlicensed or uninsured contractor, he will have little to no recourse if a problem arises, other than holding payment until the work is completed to his satisfaction, which may in fact never happen.

To the O.P.:

Good on you for helping out our community with this offer. Thanks!

Thanks guys. I am trying to do everything legitimately. There are a lot of people without work and my intent on fronting the expenses and paying labor after the job was complete was to open up the number of applicants, so-to-speak, due to not as many people having liquidity.

Regardless of the topic, there's always a naysayer. Such is life. ?

• 2 weeks later...