Sign in to follow this  

Fleetwood rv files bankruptcy.

Talked to the dealer where my camper is being worked on today, all repairs are on hold, fleetwood rv filed for chapter 11 and is eliminating the travel trailer divisions altogether. Hope my claim comes through, if not i got to buck up $1500 for labor to have a fiberglass side repaired.:)

They filed last week. As well as Pacific coach works, weekend warrior, sienna, Monico, country couch to name a few. Fleetwood is trying to keep there motorhome and Manufactured home in buisness. If that that fails it will all fold. Warranty from fleetwood is on a if it affects the fuction of the unit they will still cover it. They will not cover cosmetics.

That sucks but I am not surprised. Big ticket luxury items are some of the first things people stop buying when the economy tanks.

Greg

They have been in financial trouble for years. I had a friend of mine that use to work for them and he left seven years ago cause the brother that own the place run it like a hobby and not a buisness.

they lost $16 million last year and $65 million the year before. We had a plant here where I live and over the hill in the next town. between the 2 towns over 400 people no longer have jobs. The paper claimed that Fleetwood has money set a side for warrenty work for the next year to finish out what is left. It is not a good deal.:)

They filed last week. As well as Pacific coach works, weekend warrior, sienna, Monico, country couch to name a few. Fleetwood is trying to keep there motorhome and Manufactured home in buisness. If that that fails it will all fold. Warranty from fleetwood is on a if it affects the fuction of the unit they will still cover it. They will not cover cosmetics.

Weekend Warrior was gone long time ago.

I work for a Fleetwood dealer.

Yes, they filed Chapter 11, and are shutting down the whole trailer side, but keeping the motorhome side open. They will also be backing up their warranty still, and we have not noticed any warranty problems yet.

I sure hope this whole economic bubble burst gets ALL the remaining manufacturers to retool toward quality rather than quantity. The last 10 years have dumped too many cheaply built units on the market.

We just got the word they are not paying there outstanding claims from before 3-17. That means they skipped out on about 20G just to our dealership. We will no longer do warranty for anybody that did not buy from us.

We just got the word they are not paying there outstanding claims from before 3-17. That means they skipped out on about 20G just to our dealership. We will no longer do warranty for anybody that did not buy from us.

Yep, i'm SOL too. went and picked up my camper tonight. feel sorry for the fleetwood workers and dealers out there. more job losses. never seems to end. i got a botched camper, but they are lossing there jobs. i imagine more rv companys will fail before its over, as well as boat companys too.