Sign in to follow this  

Easy way to clean spokes?

I have seen some great threads on different types of cleaners for the bike in general. Wondering: does anyone have a preferred (and/or easy?) method of cleaning spokes without busting knuckles?

i spray my wheels with either tide/water mix or s100 bike cleaner and wash them off it gets them so clean. s100 works the best but is more expensive. if not i just use brillo pads, u know like the soap steel wool pads.

• Like 1

I use soap, water and some double zero, ultra fine steel wool from home depot. It takes me literally 5 seconds per spoke after the first time to keep them clean.

• Like 1

I polish my spokes with metal polish and a cloth. It takes a while, and it takes a bit to learn how to do it without hurting your fingers, but the end result is unbeatable.

Any preferred or recommended brand of metal polish?

Personally, I like Blue Magic or mothers polishes the best. If the spokes are really bad you may want to use some fine steel wool first.

• Like 1

Depends if it's front or rear though I've always found through the creek makes them as shiny as can be.........or as they are ever gonna get as they get no shinier after getting hit with the power washer! You could use some of that engine degreaser you mix with turpentine (paint thinner) and then use a good ole toilet brush with dawn being better than tide at cutting grease.