Sign in to follow this  

New Complete TM 37mm Carb

It's the same bore as you sent them... I'm talking about the stand-alone new 37mm worked over carbs they sell for like $719.

Its a excellent buy depending on your riding style , i have one on my 06 crf 250r race bike , to be honest its a bolt on item and the bike is much more crisp and i dont experience any bogging issues when landing or coming out of corners etc Im much more confident in my bike when out on supercross tracks . However I only paid 509 for mine shipped but they gave me a deal on it , My bike dyoned at 40.3 hp with a RHC head ,OEM 08 cam, Tokyo 37mm carb, Pro Circuit t4 system single exhaust, 13:5:1 wiseco and VP race gas .I ride the 250 mod pro class and 250 stock pro class so throttle response is very important

well with 3,500 into your motor you can get that here is my mod list below

1500- RHC Head

08 -OEM CAM

509 -Toyko 37 mm Carb tuned to perfection on race gas

150- 13:5:1 piston

350 -07-08 Vortex Ignition

780 Pro circuit TI-4R single canister

You can do that for a lot less man. Just have to know what to do and who to ask. The 40hp motor will not last as long as a stock motor, top ends tend to wear out very fast relative to stock. Not a good choice for the casual rider. 450 would be a better bet.

I'll dyno mine when I get the MRD duals on with the Athena and 08 cam. It'll be 38ish I speculate with a healthy torque curve.

You can do that for a lot less man. Just have to know what to do and who to ask. The 40hp motor will not last as long as a stock motor, top ends tend to wear out very fast relative to stock. Not a good choice for the casual rider. 450 would be a better bet.

I'll dyno mine when I get the MRD duals on with the Athena and 08 cam. It'll be 38ish I speculate with a healthy torque curve.

I agree it can be done for less . Im not a causual rider i need all the hp i can get , i can tell you with the 37mm carb and rhc head my bike has insane throttle respons and revs to the moon you may make 38hp with your setup but it wont rev as quickly or have the torque curve mine produces

I agree it can be done for less . Im not a causual rider i need all the hp i can get , i can tell you with the 37mm carb and rhc head my bike has insane throttle respons and revs to the moon you may make 38hp with your setup but it wont rev as quickly or have the torque curve mine produces

Did you ever consider his RHC 5 cam? Thanks.

Wow I did not realize the head was that much! Sounds awesome though.

I am sure your revs faster, the Athena piston is heavier. I am fairly sure your makes more peak power too. Sounds like an awesome setup! As far as torque though, I disagree with your assessment.

I was going to do what you did and called Ron to buy a cam and talk about head work and in the end, he told me to get the big bore citing that will do more for torque than any messing with porting and head work.

I ride low RPM with a 13/50 and am 185 pound vet rider so low/mid range torque was the single biggest thing I was looking for. I was advises to skip the fancy race heads and go big bore. Although when head rebuild time comes I will port it though.

I would love that carb myself. I have had carb mods on other motors and yeah, they really made a difference in snap. Must be awesome on the 250R.

I am sure your screams up top though! Must be super fun! Take care of that motor. :)

The RHC cam and the 08 OEM cam in my opinion are very similar in power i have tried both my freind has his complete setup and to be honest i like my motor more than his , not to put down the RHC cam but not worth the money imo

Im running 13/52 gearing

not to put down the RHC cam but not worth the money imo

I think his cam is the same price range as any other. Certianly not unreassonably priced is it? The head and the head work is what costs unless I am missing something.

I think his cam is the same price range as any other. Certianly not unreassonably priced is it? The head and the head work is what costs unless I am missing something.

I get a discount on the OEM 08 cam so it is a bit cheaper for me , His head is alot but worth every penny :)