Sign in to follow this  

Mixture screw

I put in the DJ jet kit this last week. Haven't had a chance to really test ride it yet, just around the block. I pulled the lead plug from the mixture screw opening. when they put the lead plug in, the lead ran down into the threads on the screw. So effectively welding the screw in place, or gumming up the threads. So the fuel mixture screw won't budge. Anyideas on getting it out so I can put in the extended screw?

What carb. The Mikuni on my S had a brass plug. Did you drill the wrong hole?

You must have drilled the wrong hole.....besides, everyone on here knows they only use lead on the kids bikes thats why they are banned

Yup, kids spend way too much time licking their motorcycles.

I put in the DJ jet kit this last week. Haven't had a chance to really test ride it yet, just around the block. I pulled the lead plug from the mixture screw opening. when they put the lead plug in, the lead ran down into the threads on the screw. So effectively welding the screw in place, or gumming up the threads. So the fuel mixture screw won't budge. Anyideas on getting it out so I can put in the extended screw?

I thought the plug was made of brass..........:) Which one did you drill.......Pic`s please...

Erling

Just guessing it was lead. May have been brass. No I don't think I drilled the wrong hole, but have done some absent minded stuff before.:)

I'm not home untill mid week, then off to Moab. Guess I will look at it closer after moab.

Just guessing it was lead. May have been brass. No I don't think I drilled the wrong hole, but have done some absent minded stuff before.:foul:

I'm not home untill mid week, then off to Moab. Guess I will look at it closer after moab.

I will be in Moab from sat mar-21 until fri mar.27..... I will be at the riverside oasis rv campground......White Dutchman rv with a danish (DK) flag in the back.

Bring it and I will take a look at it....... If you need any help...let me know...:):banghead:

Maybe we can discuss who has the fastest one................:p:banghead:

Erling

......Make mental note to self.

Avoid White Dutchman RV flying the flag of the Danish (unless it is cheese).......

Will.....Just picture that yummi cheese in a freshly made danish sammich.....Sluuurrpppppp:goofy: :):banghead:

Erling

Can't get a good cheese Danish in VA, one of the many things I miss about living outside of Manhattan. Bread stinks here too, all like wonder bread. Took a while to find an acceptable Baugette.

Can't get a good cheese Danish in VA, one of the many things I miss about living outside of Manhattan. Bread stinks here too, all like wonder bread. Took a while to find an acceptable Baugette.

Tomatoes....meats...and cheese....are great ingredients of a sammich.....But the bread is the foundation........imho........You`r right....good bread is hard to find. Come on up....I`l treat you to "sno broed"....(wrap bread) around the camp fire...... The danish smore.....:):banghead:

Erling