Sign in to follow this  

how do you know u its time for MCCT?

i know, it aLWAYS IS..

but i hear a very slight rattle, not even sure if you can call it that...happened after installing my hotcams intake...in fact it may have been there before i installed it and rode it, cause of the 4 months winter, so i dont remember if it was there..

is there a tell that your chain is too tight or loose? is it supposed to be loud?

Um, if you wait until you can hear added chain noise it is too late. The MCCT should be done as soon as you bring it home the first time.

It is time for a MCCT when you buy a DRZ that does not already have one. If the bike is used, may not be a bad idea to replace the cam chain so everything is hunky-dory (tech term).

got it...:)

Anyway to adjust the acct? i dont expect to be able to get the mcct for a few weeks (no track days)...and the bike only has 3500miles...

When you install more aggressive cams....they usually make more noise. When I got the rhc`c it was very noticeable.... Perhaps that is what you hear.....

Get the MMCT....It is great insurance....:):banghead:

Erling

So you guys are all sure that Suzuki has not addressed this issue for 2007/8/9?

Has there actually been any reported incidents of a ACCT failure in a late model DRZ? Can anyone point me to a link?

I don't doubt that it's needed, just find it odd that Suzuki wouldn't be on top of it almost a decade later...

So you guys are all sure that Suzuki has not addressed this issue for 2007/8/9?

Has there actually been any reported incidents of a ACCT failure in a late model DRZ? Can anyone point me to a link?

I don't doubt that it's needed, just find it odd that Suzuki wouldn't be on top of it almost a decade later...

Well.... they also still publish oil changes every 3500 miles...is it???

Yes it is still a problem.......:):banghead:

Search is your friend....:banghead:

Erling

Even if they have cured the failure problem (they haven't) it still puts constant pressure on the cam chain. This pressure cause premature wear on the chain. Get the MCCT.

i didnt do my mcct till i built my 470 stroker and when i went and measured the cam chain it was stretched about 1mm over 20 links compared to a new oem one.i only have 14000km's on the motor

i didnt do my mcct till i built my 470 stroker and when i went and measured the cam chain it was stretched about 1mm over 20 links compared to a new oem one.i only have 14000km's on the motor

Well ,the upside is that it's not so hard to get the cams in, when the chain is stretched:lol:

Please do it now for your peace of mind and if you haven't done the loctite fixes , do them also.

Good Luck!!!