Sign in to follow this  

Wr250r Mpg ???

So i have read lot of thread about what people are getting on there WR250R for MPG. And that very's from 50mpg to 70mps. And i have read that everyone gets more mpg when when they first get there bike and then they loose mpg. Why is this?

Probably because everyone does mods to their bike and that decreases mpg.

WOW...86 and 83. that amazing.

How do you ride it? Easy/Hard

How did you break the engine in when you first got it?

Is it all stock?

Lots of different riding styles here. I can get my mileage to vary quite a bit depending on how I ride. If you rev it to the limiter on every shift, you will lose mileage, If you cruise in 4th gear at 50 MPH you will lose mileage. If you cruise in 6th gear at 50 MPH you will gain mileage. If you ride the trails and rev it all day and never get out of 2nd or 3rd gear you will lose mileage. It goes on and on. Different styles give different mileage. Mods are a big part of it, but your particular riding style has a lot to do with it too. Also different parts of the country (and world) have different grades of fuel which makes a difference too.

I'm at 86 right now...83 out of the crate.

MPG or KPG?

Hmm... all the time I am thinking in terms of XX KM per liter...

When I am throttle happy, I can get a minimum of 25-26 KM per liter

Which means about 4 L per 100KM...

Which converts to:

4 litre/100km = 71 MPG

If I relax on the throttle, I can manage to get 27-28 KM/L... which will be about 3.63 L per 100KM -> 3.63 litre/100km = 78 MPG

And I have most of the mods here... K&N/PCIII/Delta full system :)

This time of year, when the weather starts to warm up I get a drastic drop in my MPG... I'm down to somewhere between 1-2 MPG.

Now keep in mind that I'm using scale of "Miles Per Grin"... which is really where this bike excels.

As far as fuel mileage goes, I'd agree with the reasoning that everyone else mentioned in terms of differences...

(1) Mods

(2) Riding habits

(3) Fuel grade / additives in different locations

(4) Altitude

(5) Inaccurate measurement of fuel between fill-ups (smaller gas tank means greater % impact from errors here).

(6) Impact of gearing changes on odometer.

Personally, I don't keep a very close eye on my fuel mileage, but as a rule of thumb my low fuel light comes on around 90 miles if I'm riding mostly street and then the bike takes "roughly" 1.5 gallons. I guess that puts me at around 60mpg on my stock bike.

Hmm... all the time I am thinking in terms of XX KM per liter...

When I am throttle happy, I can get a minimum of 25-26 KM per liter

Which means about 4 L per 100KM...

Which converts to:

4 litre/100km = 71 MPG

If I relax on the throttle, I can manage to get 27-28 KM/L... which will be about 3.63 L per 100KM -> 3.63 litre/100km = 78 MPG

And I have most of the mods here... K&N/PCIII/Delta full system :)

If your math is correct that is great mileage considering your mods. I don't get anywhere near that with basically the same mods. Just goes to show how riding style, fuel grades, etc... effect mileage.

I've said it before on here. Mileage is not a big concern with me on this bike. It still beats the hell out of what I get in my truck, and that's all that matters on my daily commute.

Errm... I think I made a mistake... the calculator is based on UK MPG :)

So the conversion will become:

71 MPG(UK) -> about 59 MPG(US)

78 MPG(UK) -> about 65 MPG(US)...

still not too bad I think :banghead:

Sorry guys...

MPG Mark. CDN mpg, too. :) I ride it the way I want to; give it when I feel like it, I'm not conservative. I'm sure once I get heavier into the bush (once the snow is all gone) That will probably take a hit, but so what! It's still gonna get in the upper 70's so I'm not complaining!

I have about 1,300 miles on my R now, and have kept track of the total gallons consumed to date (US gallons). My average mpg is 64. That's with stock everything and using the odo indicated miles. I ride moderately, 2/3 forestry roads, 1/3 street.

My girlfriends bike just took a considerably drastic drop in MPG over the last month, fuel light was coming on @ 110 miles, now its around 80 miles,,, it's all stock, and is used only as a commuter... what in the poopala-doopala would cause that???

And it cant be the change in weather, she was getting 110 during the same weather last year.