Sign in to follow this  

Problem Diagnosis?

Hi, near the end of the season i was out on my sx250 and i found it to be bogging when i came out of the corners. I rode for a while as it only happened every other corner. (sometimes not that bad) I then pulled the seat and noticed that my air filter came off. I then attempted to clean the carb, and put on a new boot because the old one was starting to rip where the circle clamp things sit. I never got to really ride it to see if the problem was eliminated because of the snow we got, and it has been sitting in the shed since. So, if it still bogs, wouldn't the carb be the only thing causing it?

Any info valued.

Thanks

Well you know for certain that if the air filter wasnt seated and your carb air boot was torn then it was ingesting dirt particles for sure which is never a good thing. It might run okay with the carb cleaned and a new boot but it also could have caused some top end wear on the engine depending on how much dirt it ingested and how long you ran it for like that.

Well you know for certain that if the air filter wasnt seated and your carb air boot was torn then it was ingesting dirt particles for sure which is never a good thing. It might run okay with the carb cleaned and a new boot but it also could have caused some top end wear on the engine depending on how much dirt it ingested and how long you ran it for like that.

What he said.

If the air filter was off, I'm almost certain it would run lean and boggy. Hopefully it wasn't off for a long time in dusty conditions.

yah i hope those are still good, i remember noticing that i had carbon fiber reeds when i pulled the carb, and they looked fine, though i never actually pulled them off the motor., thanks guys