Sign in to follow this  

Oversized front brake rotor for YZ250

Ok guys. I have a simple question.

I have an EBC oversized rotor on my bike. Last year the disc became warped so I thought i'd just get a stock sized disc (since they are plentiful and relatively inexpensive) to replace it. Well, I just realized as I was putting on the new disc that I need the stock caliper offset spacer to make the new disc fit. Since I bought this bike second hand a few years ago I did not get the stock caliper spacer.

In the parts cataloge you have to buy a whole new caliper ($180) to get this spacer.

Do any of you know where I can get one of these stock spacers that will fit a 05 YZ250? Anybody want to sell one???

Thank you in advance for any help you may have.

Warped EBC oversized ? Are you sure it's not that the floating rivets haven't just spread ? This is common. If so, take it off and lay it on an anvil (or back section ov a large vise) and smack it with a hammer......

If that doesn't work, I'll trade you the part you need for the rotor....

That is really nice of Yamaha. Up until a year or so ago they did not even offer the rubber brake pieces individually. You needed a entire caliper for that.

I am sure one of us can round somethign up, but if all else fails you can see if anything Honda has might match up. I would look back at the cr 125 from 2002 and see if it works.

• Like 1

I just went out and put my EBC oversized disc on the backside of my big vise and gave each of the floating rivets a good whack. One or two seemed a little loose but after tightening them all the disc still has a good wobble to it. no dice.

I hope one of you can dig up a spare piece you would be willing to part with...