Sign in to follow this  

Sandy Lane Enduro on an XRR

I rode my first enduro yesterday on my R in southern NJ. The majority of the course was tight single track. Many of the trees were so close together that I had to put one bar through and then lean the bike over to get the other bar through. Mixed in was some two-track and some fire road. The two-track had lots of whoops with deep sand. The nice part was that I didn't see a rock all day. I live in northern NJ where it's dirt, rocks, mud, hills etc., typical woods stuff. Down there it's all sand and flat, so it was a change for me. I was one of the slowest guys there but it was lots of fun. My bike isn't suited for that tight stuff, but it was more my lack of skill that slowed me down. There's a dual sport ride in the fall down there that I really want to do. I think it'll be more my speed.

Algunn,

A bunch of us Big Bore guys were there as well. I was on my xr650l, a friend was on his dr650, another on a xr650l, one on an x-challenge, and another on a terra mostro.

Enduros are definitely not big bike friendly. The courses tend to be uber tight and twisty-there's a reason why light 2 strokes are the bike of choice. You can do some things to help prep for the next one.

#1. Cut down your bars. I cut an inch off each side, so now running about 29-30 inches wide and I was still banging trees.

#2. Go down a tooth or two in the drive gear. This will allow you to crawl through the slow stuff slower without stalling.

I was in line 116 and the trail was just destroyed by the close to 600 other riders before us. It seemed like those whoops went on for miles and miles....

There's an enduro in NJ for the next 3 weekends. We're going to hit up as many as possible. PM me if you're going to make it out.

-Scott

Great job coming down to S.NJ for the start of Enduro season.

small bike or big bike if you had to stop and work the bars thru that wouldnt matter LOL actually having to stop and do that sounds like it would suck LOL Dont worry about other people and if your slower or they are faster, race your race and enjoy it brother!!!

BTW some pics woulda been nice too!! :)

That link isn't working for me.

I think they decided to turn off direct linking. Later tonight I'm going to buy one anyway and when I do, I'll update my post above with a more permanent url.

Scott:

Click on the "share" button. Then click "get a link". Then upload that link to photobucket. Then post the picture as you normally would. Then copy it to your hard drive.

492947586_qA3fJ-L.jpg

algunn;

Your brake line should be rerouted

Where should it go?