Sign in to follow this  

Winter is killing me... How is yours?

Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile. Been busy with work and the clothing line.

Hope everybody is doing well.

This winter has been awful. In fact, it's snowing right now. The ground has been covered where I live since November.

I am going to try Walker Valley at the end of the month. Everything is pretty much snow covered here and I am going to go crazy if I don't throw my leg over my bike real soon.

You should come up to PG, it hit 15 deg C today, the track needed watering by noon. It was great! :banghead:

Time to wake up already?? What??

Crap! Same story here too, still 2 1/2' of snow covering most everything and the stuff still comes down every day or so. MAKE IT STOP!

On a brighter note I did get my wife out on her new toy for a first lesson, which went well. I figured the snow would make for a softer landing if she slipped, which I'm proud to say she did not! She's still grinning like a fool. :)

My winter has been great.I'm in sunny southern California.I have lost track of how many times I have been riding since November.It was close to 90 degrees 2wks. ago in the desert.Of course the economy and unemployment are not doing so well and sales tax is about to go up.And we are still in a drought.etc.

OK, let's kill all those Californianans!!!!!!:)

Just kidding, Cali people!!:foul:

The weather has been miserable here in Alberta as well, I haven't thrown a leg over my bike since the end of October!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

We had an awful winter too and I can't wait for it to be over. We are getting signs here that it is trying to end though. It was 55F yesterday, which was wonderful. The end of the week is supposed to be cold again though.

It has been a long winter here too. Last ride was first weekend in November 2008. People downstate are riding already, but it's going to be at least a couple more weeks before the snow melts off up here. Started cross country skiing this season and that has helped keep myself entertained - great exercise too!!

And for what it's worth, that pig is UGLY!!!

Winter is killing me....Hows yours?

It is just awful...We are in the dead of winter and I am only able to ride 7 days a week....When will it end? :)

DSCN0075.jpg

Ya know, it's so damned ugly, it's cute!!!!!

Let it grow into REAL bacon!!!!!!:)

j/k Ladies, only joking.:banghead:

Ha ha! Pete and I already had this discussion. Something about not being bred for eatin'.

Anyhoo, I had to laugh.

Winter isn't killing me, it's the two months of non-stop sickness. I'm sick again, for crying out loud, and wheezing like an emphysemic.

You have my sympathies!!! I'm in California so I can ride anytime. The semi-chilly snotty weather that has been dominating for the past couple of weeks has been replaced by mild temperatures and sunny skies....just in time for finals week at my college. There is nothing worse than being cooped up studying with weather like this!

We are still getting alittle snow here in Washington:banghead:

I have to wait for " real riding" until a certain mountain pass opens.

I just bought my son a new KTM 250 XCF, so he is really itchin to ride- we do have five acres, however he insists on riding in our front yard!:)

-24 C this morning, and a fresh 4inches of snow on top of about 3 feet! It was warmish on the weekend and I did ride my bike (to the end of the drive way and back:rolleyes:) We'd better get a little bit of summer out of the deal!! GDAM I hate where I live! :'(

Been snowy here in WA too, I did ride Walker Valley like in February for my first time but it was very cold and wet.

Now I'm off my bikes do to a small tail bone issue. Let me know if and when your going to Walker Valley. I have only been there the one time:thumbsup:

Its a chilly 88 degrees today!

Brrrrr!

well it seems to be clearing up a bit...

deerinyard.jpg

Well I may have shot myself in the foot. Tuesday and Wednesday it was 8 deg C and things were melting nicely. I actually said it out loud, 'This is looking good, we may be leaving winter behind.' Roads were bare in most places, including our area which doesn't see much traffic. This morning we woke up to, you guessed it, more snow. Its been at it all day and we've received about another half a foot so far. That's it a sled is officially on my wanted list of toys. I'll try my luck at sno-cross next winter.

Oh and the pic of the deer making their way is exactly what our 120lb German Shepherd looks like out there. The 80lb GSD X Greyhound is completely lost from sight if she ventures out of the established trails.

Love that snow pic!

Yeah,,,,we Cali people put up with a lot of crap for days like this

IMG_1091.jpg

MxJeWel,

Its so pathetic here in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!

The race season is ending June 30th and then begins again in August so I only have 2 months rougly to train and with that time of year being near 100 just makes me wanna ....... Well.............. not be where you are :-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

But hey if you or anybody else up there in the frikkin frozen badlands needs a break, pack up your bikes, head to FL and give me a shout. I 'll be happy to take you all over FL for dirt and or street riding.

Don:thumbsup: