Sign in to follow this  

Link to Utah OHV laws

so buy the utah sticker and leave your colorado plate in your truck?

and ride off road only?

Thats fine, but dont get caught on a county rd between trails. I'm taking my plated bike and so are 4 other riders from Co. Talked to Moab police. They said to go for it and have fun. As long as the rider has a motorcycle license, Insurance and no riding after dark for safety. There will be no problems. BLM said they consider a Co. plated bike no different than a Co. plated Jeep.

Looks like the money is "SUPPOSE" to go toward off road vehicle related things. So that makes me slightly happier.

41-22-9. Vehicles exempt from registration.

The following off-highway vehicles are exempt from the registration requirements of this chapter:

1. vehicles that are currently registered for highway use, have a valid motor vehicle safety inspection sticker or certificate, and on which the required safety equipment has not been subsequently modified;

Thats fine, but dont get caught on a county rd between trails. I'm taking my plated bike and so are 4 other riders from Co. Talked to Moab police. They said to go for it and have fun. As long as the rider has a motorcycle license, Insurance and no riding after dark for safety. There will be no problems. BLM said they consider a Co. plated bike no different than a Co. plated Jeep.

In the past, the local Moab police usually have been very friendly towards bikers. Ride responsibly and you generally won't have a problem with them. The issue seems to be more with the State Patrol. They have a history of taking a more aggressive stance on infractions.

Just spent the last few days ridding around the Moab area. 40 of us! No one had any unpleasant encounters with Mr.LEO that I am aware of. Plated bikes, and some barely plated. I was told repeatedly that since my bike was Legal ( and it is,horn turn signals,etc) and plated, that I didn't need the sticker. I was plenty willing to "pay to play". But was told I didn't need the sticker.