Sign in to follow this  

2002 YZ250f starts up fine then dies. Need Help

So I took my bike out and started it up one weekend and fired it up. The bike started up fine and after awhile of riding it bogs out and dies. When I got back I cleaned the carburetor and took it out again. On the second time out the bike did the same thing. I was wondering if anybody had this problem and got it fixed. Thanks

Check your valve clearances.

I had this SAME EXCACT problem on my 2001 WR250F. Take it to the local dealer and check the valve clearences, and check the piston. My piston wasn't rotating freely, and was getting stuck.

All dirt bike problems are solved in the Yamaha 2T forum :banghead:

They should make the Yamaha 2-stroke into the new General forum :)

I would suggest that they buy 2ts

So today I checked the valve clearance and found out its fine. Don't know what to do next. I want to check my CDI magneto to see if its the problem.

This may be a stupid question but have you checked your air filter? I have found that that has happened if the bike doesn't get enough air. Also, I don't know that much about liquid cooled bikes but could it be overheating?

A few minutes ago I just checked my secondary coil resistance and found it to be 23.5k oms which is supposed to be around 9.5k and 14.3 oms I am thinking it might be the problem but I want to be sure before forking out the cash for something that I might not need.