Sign in to follow this  

Slip on? or full system?

I'm in the market for a new exhaust. I'm debating weather i should take the cheaper road and go w/ a slip on, or should i bite the bullet and fork out for a new header as well. Is the extra money worth it? Im leaning towards the FMF Q4.... any suggestions?

well you already know the answer! full is better,on the other hand, if your just looking for some weight savings and a good sounding exhaust note then slip on is the way to go. another thing is if your going for the full you need to invest in a jet kit and all the right stuff. q4 is a quit version of the powercore4, good way to save the ears

Head pipe is the main restriction on S and SM. Plus it will burn the paint off and rust out in a year. GO with full and do 3x3 and rejet. You will be surprised.

I'm in the market for a new exhaust. I'm debating weather i should take the cheaper road and go w/ a slip on, or should i bite the bullet and fork out for a new header as well. Is the extra money worth it? Im leaning towards the FMF Q4.... any suggestions?

If all you want is noise (which is what the slip on is) just drill out your stock pipe....if you want noise and performance, buy a complete system. I see a lot of people selling their slip ons to upgrade to a full exhaust. If you can, try to ride a Z with a full pipe and jetting...you will probably not want a slip on.

Head pipe is the main restriction on S and SM. Plus it will burn the paint off and rust out in a year. GO with full and do 3x3 and rejet. You will be surprised.

+ 1 on the full w/jet kit

If all you want is noise (which is what the slip on is) just drill out your stock pipe....if you want noise and performance, buy a complete system. I see a lot of people selling their slip ons to upgrade to a full exhaust. If you can, try to ride a Z with a full pipe and jetting...you will probably not want a slip on.

+1 to what he said