The Mighty DR can complete an enduro

It's true!

This weekend I entered and completed the Sandy Lane Enduro on my '02 DR650. Sure I dropped 137 Minutes doing it and was one of the last guys to cross the finish but I didn't get disqualified and I didn't die. Over all I'll count that as a success.

I have the usual mods (airbox, springs, bark busters, skid plate) but nothing else. I am even running the stock muffler.

No matter what you hear, the DR can complete an enduro, (but it would probably be easier on something a little smaller).

Here's the proof!

Sandylane09-2.jpg

Lets see the KLR guys say the same thing...

Kidding, I'm not trying to start some more KLR DR beef! Just trying to encourage some of my DR brothers and sisters.

Yeah. I LOVE my DR more every time i ride it, but I gotta say I caught myself looking at 250's late last night. Specifically the TE250. There's just something about those Husky's (or maybe a DR350 just to keep it in the family) . Not that I have the money this year, but next year I might have to get something a little easier to steer.

Not letting the DR go but it would be nice to be a little more competitive.

The weird thing is that as sore as I was yesterday, i kinda wish I was riding tomorrow. What the hell is wrong with me?!?!?