Sign in to follow this  

seat lowering?

How do you lower a seat on a ktm 450 or 505 sx-f? I want one of those bikes but i can't touch,i like the power that they have that's why.

any information or experiences would be much appreciated.

thanks

I think KTM should offer a lower sub-frame, I know they sell lower seats but then you don't have much cushion. My Dad has a 300 and loves it but he wishes it was a little lower its a little hard for his foot to clear the fender when he gets on.

We picked up a KTM low seat for the girlfreinds '08 250 XCF-W (same bike platform as the big bores). It's actually fairly comfortable as it's a "gel" seat (softer foam...not gel). It actually is only about 1/2" lower than stock and the edges are still square so it really isn't to noticeable. I would shave the stock seat down and round the edges to allow a person to side-saddle more easily if we were to do it again...

You can also install an "X-bushing" in the swingarm that will allow for 3/4" of lowering and then you can slide the fork tubes up in the triple clamps to match... Installation requires removal of material from the swingarm to allow for the lower shock clevis to clear. I've installed one on the girlfreinds bike and it works well.... With the seat and the X-bushing we have a total of 1 1/4"-1 3/8" less seat height

link...

http://www.shop.synergyseals.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=18

Why a 450SXF: Likes the power.

Why not: Can't touch.

Issue: What is a swingarm?

Foreseable future: Emergency Room.

Why a 450SXF: Likes the power.

Why not: Can't touch.

Issue: What is a swingarm?

Foreseable future: Emergency Room.

ha ha ha funny

I need to know how to remove a seat from a ktm 250sx. there is no bolts on back like the yz i had. I have tried to just slide it off but that doesnt seem to work either.