Sign in to follow this  

YZ85 carb leaking from airscrew

Friends son has an 06 YZ85. almost new actually. strange thing is is appears the fuel is coming out the air screw hole. The bowl and drain plug orings have been replaced, the carb has been thought a solid cleaning and the float height has been checked.

I actually have another brand 85 for my wife with the sae carb and it has the same problem. I'd ask there but unless you post cheering about how great the bike is you get almost no attention. Actual technical help..... forget it. :banghead:

Even tried a little o-ring where the air scrrew is desspite the spec not calling for one tw and it did not help. Not sure how fuel is getting there to begin with.

Anybody cured this or is it endemic to the carb?:)

I am hoping to revive this post as I too have a leak at the air screw on my sons new to us 2007 yz85. It is very small. The bike runs great, so I am unwilling to try a fix at the present since it is very easy to keep the area clean. I knjow that at some point I am going to attempt a fix. Is there any help out there?

Premix out of the air screw? Could it be the engine is getting air from somewhere else thru a leak? That would keep airflow past that screw to a minimum and allow fuel to back up. Ive heard its a red flag of an air leak.

I sprayed some contact cleaner into the air screw, and the junction between the carb and the air box. If there was a leak there it would affect the way the engine ran when the contact cleaner was pulled in, but did not notice any change. I will try other places around the carb.