Sign in to follow this  

5x race report

5x Brent Harden, Ivan Ramirez, Roberto Villalobos

Coming into the race I wasnt sure what to expect riding with my two new teammates. We didnt get a chance to meet until the Thursday before the race but they both did a great job and gave me the bike in 3rd place overall at rm93. Ivan is a fast young kid who has a great future in racing.

I was only able to pre run my section on Thursday and Friday but felt like I was able to find some okay lines. It was the same section I had last year so I had a rough idea as to where I was going.

Race Day

I didnt see a bike all day in my section. No dust and had a pretty uneventful ride. Made some time on one of the lead bikes and lost a little to the other.

We were keeping it close with the factory teams until a wheel problem at race mile 167 slowed us down. We lost quite a bit of time in the pit trying to adjust the chain and ended up putting the original back on.(spare had the wrong sprocket). We ended up riding roughly 100 miles on a tire that was to the cords! (see attached photo!) 1237260909.jpg

The team wound up finishing 3rd overall bike and 3rd in class 22.

A big thank you must go out to everyone who helped make this years San Felipe 250 possible; Chris Haines Adventure Tours, Fly Racing, Smith Optics, Alpinestars, Spider Grips, Scotts Steering Stabilizers, BRP, IMS, Race Tech, Harden-Offroad, Pro Circuit, Dunlop, Ivan Ramirez Sr., Pole Position Raceway and Parkhouse Racing.

Also a big thanks to everyone who was out there rooting us on!

Looking forward to the 500!

Brent, you looked great out there. We watched the whole tire fiasco at your pit at 167. What a cluster. Good thing it didn't cost you guys a position.

Once again, Great Job!!:)

Baja is where I want to be.

Husky does not have a Baja team in place so I went and found a Baja team.

Maybe we can break out the Husky you rode a few years back and go racing!!!

Hey Brent Great Job.... We met at 3 bros a few times. Good luck on your future Baja rides.....

Did the team win the governor trophy by a long shot? Congratulations on a great podium finish, and with some Baja adventure to boot.

I dont think the team got any trophy. SCORE didnt give out a trophy for 3rd place oa or 3rd in class 22.

Hey Brent nice finish on the SF250, for sure Ivan is a great rider and has a bright future maybe will see ivan with a different helmet paint job. Come on bring the Husky for the B500. Congrats

Erick Durazo

Baja is where I want to be.

Husky does not have a Baja team in place so I went and found a Baja team.

Maybe we can break out the Husky you rode a few years back and go racing!!!

Still Husky guys out there that have raced Baja in the last few years and could be coaxed into racing again. The TC was a good platform, but now that the TXC has arrived, it has taken over that sweet spot. Tim's brother-in-law Ron, raced our TC 510 Baja bike in the 06 Tecate 250, taking his expert class with a first place, several weeks after the 06 Baja 1000.