Sign in to follow this  

V-Force 3 vs. V-Force 2 reed valves

Well, I'm looking to get some new parts for my 125, and the bike currently has V 2 reed valve system in it, that is in very good shape, is changing to the new V 3 system worth it? It would cost $150. Am I really going to notice a difference?

as far as i have noticed they both have 2wice the reeds the stocker does the v-force 2 has screws securing the petals while the v force 3 has plastic clips

supposedly the major difference is that the v2's are tecnhnically adjustable, while the new v'3s are "set" at the best position possible from the factory. In the instructions they say the major difference is the v2's are offered for older applications, while the v3's are for the new, more current stuff.

Save your money!

I was impressed with the V-2 on my KX and found that the V3 was OK on my RM. I ended up removing my V3 from the RM and going back to the stock cage and re working the carb a bit. Much better now without the expensive reed cage.

Thanks guys. I think that I'll just leave V2's on it, because it doesn't sound like it's worth the money for the small difference.