Sign in to follow this  

Premier NC, VA tracks?

Thinking of a weekend road trip, can some of you fellas recommend a couple top notch tracks in the NC or VA area that are open weekends? We like the wide open mx style tracks as opposed to more sx style tracks.

I would check out Lake Gaston and NCMP. Both old school, NCMP has a lot of tabletops and a easy whoop section. Both are open for practice. Birch Creek and Lake Sugar Tree are also open on limited weekends when they are not racing. Check out their websites for more info.

www.lakegastonmotocross.com

www.ncmp.net

www.birchcreekmotorsports.com

www.lakesugartree.com

center road has awesome dirt. i suggest there before anywhere else.

www.crmxonline.com

+1...perfect dirt all the time...and good faces on the jumps too

i also like thunder valley, the soil is mostly clay at thunder valley unlike the loam at center road...and the jumps are a little less technical than center road, and they are more spaced apart

if you go to thunder valley dont bother going to the top track if you like wide open tracks though...just stay on the big track

http://www.thundervalleymotopark.com/

Thinking of a weekend road trip, can some of you fellas recommend a couple top notch tracks in the NC or VA area that are open weekends? We like the wide open mx style tracks as opposed to more sx style tracks.

Like was mentioned above, NCMP is always a good choice. Be aware that the Race Track has been rented privately next Saturday, 3/28, but the other tracks and woods will remain open to the public. This is a one day only rental.