Sign in to follow this  

06 crf250x locked up

Was riding tonight heard loud clicking off the throttle motor stopped would not turn over, pushed it back to the house , washed it and came to work. anybody had any of these problems, the motor problem mainly not the having to go to work?:)

did the rear wheel actually lock up? my guess is the valves could of mis-seated,

that is just a GUESS, i dont know if it is even possible.

you know.........it could be eletrical.

Could be the cam chain tensioner let go and it jumped time. Pull the valve cover and check the timing. If it's jammed up solid you may have to try and push the bike backwards in gear to relieve tension on the cam chain so you can remove the cam and head.

Ahh I bet you ran out of engine oil. Happened to me :). My piston was hitting one of my valves, (hence the tapping sound). I had to get a brand new top end. My bike clicked for about 5 seconds, and then shut off and the kick starter was locked up and the electric start was jammed. Good luck man.

Hate to even bring it up but a buddys bike (CRF 250x) did that a few months ago. Started ticking on top. Checked oil level and it was low. Filled it...too late. Locked up a few min later. Tore it down and.....well its still down. Check the oil... Check the simple things first. :)

It only made the ticking noise three times. I did check all the obvious Oils, Coolant all OK less than 3 hours on the oil. the noise was rather loud and only did it 3 times before it just locked. no smoke no lack of power no indication of a problem until the last 3 seconds. lucky I was off the throttle when it happened. I'll get it disassembled tomorrow.

take a good look at that cam chain/tensioner when you tear it apart

I have part of the top off found the right side intake valve stuck in a bad position DOWN:foul: I'll get the rest apart by friday to get parts ordered. Any body have a HC stage 1 or a 04 R head pipe? Thanks All:thumbsup:

I have a brand new FMF Q2 for an 06 CRF250x in box. The muffler bolt is in a different place on the subframe. I'd let it go cheap. Might not be what you want though.

Let me guess what happened: I just need to remember what happened to me 2 years ago.

The cam chain jumped, causing the valves to loose timing, the valve hit the piston, broke the valve head off, and ruined the head, cylinder, piston, and crankshaft. Oh, replace the bearing while you have the case split. Cost me $1500 to fix with me doing the work. Good luck, I hope your problem is not as bad as mine was.