Sign in to follow this  

'05 KLX300R radiator guards/braces suggestions?

I am looking for some radiator guards/braces for my sons '05 KLX300R. I'd kinda like to get him a combination guard and brace, but cannot seem to find any applications for this. I see separate guards and braces, but I assume these cannot be installed together, just one or the other? Can anyone tell me what they are using and how difficult the install is?

Thx

Awesome thanks muchly. Is there any tweaking to make these work together? Or do they both just bolt on?

I just installed the MSR gaurds with the works connection braces and I had to drill out some of the holes to get things to line up. Where the MSR gaurds bolt to the frame I moved the gaurds rearward by drilling the holes about 1/4 inch offset. I'm pretty happy with the setup. I looked up prices of new radiators, $800 for the pair!:)

$800 a pair..........ouch. I'd best get these on before our first ride of the year. I assume the reason for drilling the holes was to allow a bit more room for the clutch cable? Good tip. Thx

I didn't have to mess with the frame bolt holes but did have to tweak them a little in the vise and file out one of the outside holes on each side just a little bit. Pretty basic, nothing too major involved.