Sign in to follow this  

2008 TE250 Fuel problems

I just bought my first husqvarna after much pressure from my friend and his dad. Even though it cost some money I love the bike and couldn't be any more happier with it. There are a few problems that I just cant figure out though. The bike does have the power-up kit with the arrow exhaust and the athena kit. With that said I eat a crazy amount of gas compared to my friends 07 te250 and his dads 06 te250. What kind of gas mileage should I be getting? Also the factory spec says that I have a 1.9 gallon tank, but when I run out of gas and go fill it up it says that I only put just a little over 1 gallon in. Where did the rest of the gas go? Is there something wrong with the gas tank or what? I also had some problems that seemed to kind of go away. One is that I would die when I would go down a steep hill and the other only happened once but I failed to make it up a steep little hill and the bike died, but when I got to level ground again and started it up it stayed at 4700+ rpm like the throttle was stuck. The only way I could fix it was to disconnect the battery and thats the last I have seen that. The bike wasn't broke in all the way with less than 300 miles when I got it. It now has close to 600 miles and seem to be working alot better. Most of my problems have gone away except the fuel problems that I first mentioned. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I also have an 08 te 250 w/the power up kit.great bike love it,but 40 to 43 miles to a tank:foul: have been waiting for a tank/dampner comb for months,I'm losing hope.

I'm not sure about your other problems, but my 08 TE450 only gets 35 miles per tank. I think the power up kit just makes the bike thirsty.

Sounds like your motor is just about done breaking in, that's why it's stopped stalling so easily...

It sounds like your fuel pump has come up on it's mount, sitting higher in the tank and thus not able to pickup the fuel.

Did you get it at Tasky's? Talk to them, they should now about all this and more. Ask them to check/adjust the TPS and injection, it should both improve performance and mileage. Expect ~40mpg +/-

Take you bike in to a good dealer like Tasky's and have them set your TPS (throttle position sensor) via the iBeat software. Have them check it out, maybe re-torque the head. Some guys are leaving the lambda (O2 sensor) in the bike and get better gas mileage. They are probably running leaner but hopefully not too lean. Dlivid I believe is one guy on Thumpertalk that's done this. His mileage is still in the 40 to 50 mpg range.

I forget what my tank took on a fill but IIRC it was around 1.6 to 1.7. My 3 gal IMS takes 2.7 on a fill, so you might think about a larger tank eventually.

The stalling should be minimal as the bike gets broken in but does happen in downhills and sudden decelerations when it's new and tight.