Sign in to follow this  

Want to buy a 2007 DR-400E

I am thinking of buying the 2007 DRZ 400e and have heard a few things that might be a problem and hope someone can help with the answers after trying to go thru all the posts here on TT. Is there any problems such as the water pump nut coming loose and is there any other things such as carb and suspension that might be a problem ??? I am 210 pounds and rather get the 400e and not try to make a WR250f work too hard with me on it.

Thank you for any advise you can give me. :)

The 07 E was basically the CA legal model....CV Carb, lower compression, lighter cams.....Suspension should be unchanged.....if you have found a good deal....you can upgrade the above.

Water pump nut?.....probably talking about the CS nut and Primary nut...both easy to put on Red locktite.

The 07 E was basically the CA legal model....CV Carb, lower compression, lighter cams.....Suspension should be unchanged.....if you have found a good deal....you can upgrade the above.

Water pump nut?.....probably talking about the CS nut and Primary nut...both easy to put on Red locktite.

It is a CA model a freind wants to sell me. Do you know what suspension (manuf.) is the biggest bang for the buck taht you know of ? Thank you for your quick response.

The Showa units on the DRZ (after 2002) are good units, they just get a bad rap b/c they are spec'd for a 145 lb Japanese guy. Send yours to MX - TECH and have them resprung and revalved for your weight and set the race sag correctly. THey will perform much better and you will be amazed.

John Curea of MX-TECH in PA did mine on the cheap and I was completely impressed.