Sign in to follow this  

Valve question

Hey, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I bought an 05 RMZ last year. I rode it very little. The first time i got on it and really rode it hard, i had to take it to get the valve adjusted. After that I rode it, but just hittin some slow speed jumps and climbin hills. Well i raced last week at our practice track and it seems like they are out of adjustment. Is this normal or is something wrong. I'm new to the race 4 stroke but how often do they need adjusted. Just seems everytime i really push it, i need to adjust them. thanx in advance

i have the same problem,it is very frustrating. first they adjusted my valves and re jetted the carb. i went to the track rode it and then it wouldnt start and needed to be bump started, i was told by a friend-mechanic that they need to be adjusted and cleaned also that there is a screen somewhere that the gas goes through that could need to be cleaned because my guess that being an 05 it hasnt and is gunked up good luck and tell me how it goes

My bike had the same problem about a year ago after every ride it seemed my valves were out of adjustment. I called a freind of mine who is a mechanic for dunlop R&D and he said it was time for a valve job. New valves intake and exhaust,new top end, new timing chain, bike runs perfect now.