Sign in to follow this  

Does Eddie ever...

Use the more cone style filters on the DRZ's? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using one? I would like to turn my airbox into a battery box and run one of those.

Any thoughts? Just askin:bonk:

Use the more cone style filters on the DRZ's? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using one? I would like to turn my airbox into a battery box and run one of those.

Any thoughts? Just askin:bonk:

They claim it will be trouble with the flow ,and it's not recomended.

First time installing the fcr (It was hell to fit),I was thinking about a cone filter ,but was guided away:thumbsup:

NO. Makes less power. I don't know this from experience, but I've seen Eddie post against them many times.

I think the phrase used was "SDFR = Slowed Down for Racing"

There have been posts where people have done this. Eddie has spoken against it on the posts I have read.

Try Eddies battery mod. Search for both, you will find what you are looking for.

If you look at the air boot, it sqeezes between the Shock & the frame on the left side, so fitting a clamp on one would be problematic as there is no where for it to go.

Looking at the stock airbox (which I have not measured) there is a fair bit of space inside it & depending on how close the rear wheel can get to the back of the airbox/fender you might be able to devide the airbox & move the battery in there. You'd need to endure the battery was in its own vented airspace, fuel fumes & electrics don't mix !

Obviously the smaller airbox might have a detrimental effect, but you could compensate to some degree, by removing the right side & expanding it into the space below the right side cover. Just an idea.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to fit a bigger battery the SSW Super Start Kit will do that for you in the original location.

If it's for looks, you are going to lose HP with the cone filter as the airbox is designed for optimum intake flow (if modded properly).

Anything else and you will lose HP and have to use non standard jetting.

Thats an interesting pic, but why take the filter to over the rear wheel?