Sign in to follow this  

Which hose to route to airbox

Getting tired of the little drop leaking from the bike ruining my stone tiles outside my house.

Anyone knows which tube from the fcr causing the drop ?

Tried to watch ,but it never drips while I'm watcing:devil:

Is it fuel or oil?

Guess it's fuel

Bike running or standing shut off?

If off you may have a petcock problem.

But all IIRC all 4 hoses (actually 2 split into 4) have the same function so I don't think you can prevent it from dripping. That is half the point of the hoses.

Bike running or standing shut off?

If off you may have a petcock problem.

But all IIRC all 4 hoses (actually 2 split into 4) have the same function so I don't think you can prevent it from dripping. That is half the point of the hoses.

It's after the bike is stopped ,don't know how long time it takes , just observe that it's a small drop of gas(guess it's gas, not oil) under the bike after some time.

Think I've read something about this in here ,but can't find the post

Put down a clean paper towel under it.... wait till it drips if it is gold/grey/black. it is oil if it is clear or veeeeeery light tanish it is gas. if the drop let is still wet move it away from bike and give it the flame test... this will tell you for sure what it is. could be dirty water that leaked into the magneto case you never know... If it is fuel turn your gas off a min or so befor shutting the bike off this will lower the level in the carb's float bowl. If it still leaks replace the petcoc. If it is oil take it to the dealer or go buy a book and a torque wrench..... :):banghead: The easiest way to get it to stop drippping on the stones in front of your house is don't park it there :banghead:

Kone

check your bowl drain screw.it might be getting loose.turn off the petcock when you park it.

Put down a clean paper towel under it.... wait till it drips if it is gold/grey/black. it is oil if it is clear or veeeeeery light tanish it is gas. if the drop let is still wet move it away from bike and give it the flame test... this will tell you for sure what it is. could be dirty water that leaked into the magneto case you never know... If it is fuel turn your gas off a min or so befor shutting the bike off this will lower the level in the carb's float bowl. If it still leaks replace the petcoc. If it is oil take it to the dealer or go buy a book and a torque wrench..... :):banghead:

Kone

it's not an usual oil leak ,it comes from one of the hoses routed down by the rear shock.

It's hoses from the carb ,from airbox ,and probably from the coolant reservoair.

One of them gives me a drop or two ,not a big issue ,but it makes ugly stains on my very expencive stone tiles ($300 m2)...

I'm running a sm ,so it's not an option to stop the fuel (no off pos. on the carb).

Will try the paper check .

Might sound like a silly idea, but could you tie little plastic bags on each tube and see which one contains fuel? There isn't that many. Good luck

Might sound like a silly idea, but could you tie little plastic bags on each tube and see which one contains fuel? There isn't that many. Good luck

+1 :)

Best one so far :banghead:

Mine does the same if I leave the petcock on Reserve - it seems to drip a couple of drops early in the morning when there is a sudden change in temperature.. If I leave it on either On or Off it does not drop.

Nothing you can do about the couple of drops that fall from the hoses. I have newspaper under my bike.

What happens is the hot engine causes fuel to vaporize. These fumes exit the breather hoses and condense, resulting in a few droplets.

If you routed all the hoses up, you'd get a droplet in the line and may cause erratic operation. You could fit a properly set up catch can though.

Mine is and have done it since new...... As Will said.... It is

From thermal expansion.

Why not install a catch can like I am going to do:thumbsup:

motostrano_2042_22829193

http://www.motostrano.com/sucacan.html

this should help :banghead: :banghead: :foul::p

He-He.. Motostrano wants $140 for the freight :)

edit : ordered from ebay.co.uk ,total $50 :busted:

HOPE FOR NO MORE DRIPS !!!!!

Why not install a catch can like I am going to do:thumbsup:

motostrano_2042_22829193

http://www.motostrano.com/sucacan.html

this should help :thumbsup::usa::lol: :lol:

Hey Debi !!

Got my catch can today:banana: ,can't fit it

,as my engine is away ,but wonder how you did your's

What did you do to the holes that didn't got any hoses to it ,block off or leave open ?

Hey Debi !!

Got my catch can today:banana: ,can't fit it

,as my engine is away ,but wonder how you did your's

What did you do to the holes that didn't got any hoses to it ,block off or leave open ?

All the vent hoses from the FCR went right in all of them

FCR%20install%20011.JPG

FCR%20install%20015.JPG

hope this helps:thumbsup:

Thanx Debi :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm missing one of the hoses ,probably followed the engine to the shop.