Sign in to follow this  

helllllppppp

u have to remove engine from frame, take head, cylinder and top end off engine, then remove clutch, stator and split motor in 1/2. really u need service manual. its not that easy of job.

Why would you have a bike but not a service manual? Thats like a human being not having a brain. :usa:

Come on man, you really do need one. I installed one. If you do have exerience it isn't too bad. Don't try it without a service manual and don't reply on the internet as your service manual. :thumbsup:

well without service manual... someone with little experience with motorcycle engines might find it hard. there are little washers, o-rings, plus getting transmission and shift drum in motor. its not hard for me..but i did one for one of our parts guys at motorcycle shop, and he has been motorcycle guy for 10 years and built many 2 stroke engines..but he didnt want to touch the klx engine. but guy with mechanical skill and service manual..it wouldnt be bad...but no service manual... that might be little tough for someone who hasnt had one apart before. but each person is different.

$40 I think ?

If it were 60 bucks ?? It's still cheaper than 1 hr labor rate at the dealerships . :thumbsup:

cut the crap there $65 bucks and can only be purchased from kawasaki I know I just tried Go to *************** it $20 bucks for a year member ship

Awesome site :thumbsup:

I'm putting one in today. i had to replace my shaft so im putting in the 4th while im in there. Ill let you know how it goes. You'll need an impact wrench, new gaskets, and flywheel puller just to even get in there...also you will need the case splitting tool, I made one myself so I didnt have to buy one...just a heads up though thats what your gonna be needing.

Here is the exploded diagram from the service manual. Hopefuly his help for you. For the record if you just spend the $40 and get the manual, you won't regret it. That way you will be sure that you won't ever make a mistake. :thumbsup:

GearChangeDrum.jpg