The Rescue Video

So we went out Saturday to find the bikes that my buddies left behind when they got stuck last weekend. I got the real story out of them last week. They had hit the snow and tried to ride around the drifts but got off track and some how they decided instead of back tracking they would just try and ride down the side of the mountain, off the trail in the middle wilderness, VERY BAD IDEA. My friends ride with a GPS so we knew where the bikes were about a mile and a half and 1200' up a mountain side. Everything turned out great we were done in about 6 hours all three bikes back in good shape and we actually had a great time. We carved a pretty safe and easy way down the mountain and had plenty of help. I used my helmet cam to shoot a video I was carrying it so it's pretty shakey. I edited it for all of us to have a copy and not to show on the internet so it's over 20 minutes long but take a look if you like. And yes the video dosn't do justice to how steep the hillside really is

http://www.vimeo.com/3665681

That was a great video....Glad your friends made it ok. and the recovery worked out. I have been up in that area before and have done a Jeep run in that area in January we had 2 to 4 feet of snow we were plowing through...Some of us had to come back for our Jeeps that day too...Mine made it and was one of the rescue vehicles lol. Anyway looks like a good time.