Sign in to follow this  

Used 1998 Husqvarna te610 (me buying)

I found a 1998 Husqvarna TE610 on my local craigslist for 2500. Bike has 283 km on the clock and has been garaged and supposedly oil changed periodically. Just wondering if this is a decent/good deal and if there is anything specific I should look out for in this bike. Also is there any significant manufacturing difference between 1998 and now? More like what are the major changes?

Thanks a lot. This forum has been very helpful for me and I can't wait to help where I can in return.

I found a 1998 Husqvarna TE610 on my local craigslist for 2500. Bike has 283 km on the clock and has been garaged and supposedly oil changed periodically. Just wondering if this is a decent/good deal and if there is anything specific I should look out for in this bike. Also is there any significant manufacturing difference between 1998 and now? More like what are the major changes?

Thanks a lot. This forum has been very helpful for me and I can't wait to help where I can in return.

it's big

....it's a brute

.......it vibrates.....well, I'd say "it shakes"

.......hope that you never have to kick it

parts are expensive

.....yes, you'll need to make friends with the parts counter kid

the dr650 & xr650 are way more reliable

the HUSKY has way better suspension...and it needs it too as fast as the bike is:ride:

the motor is actually only 576cc....but it still packs plenty of wallop:smirk:

...yes, it's FAST & can be a handful in the rough stuff

if you're looking for "just a dirt bike"....I'd look at something smaller & less powerful

if you're looking for a nice dual-sport or maybe an adventure bike, well.....I'd look at the Honda or SUZUKI, but if you want a HUSKY, look at the newer 610s which are way better & way more refined & way more reliable....but parts still cost a lot when you need them

hope this helps

post up some pics when you finally buy a ride:thumbsup: