Sign in to follow this  

2007 ktm 250 sxf right for me?

hi everyone i wanted any advice you could pass my way to help me decide about buying a new bike. i currently ride a 04 ktm 250exc and i mostly ride the woods as i live next to 2000 acres of logging roads and old trails, and part time i ride mx track , and a little dune action also.

i want to buy a 250sxf as i am gonna be building myself a track soon as it is a lil nicer weather. i found a 07 250sxf with a new top end and a full fmf header and muffler on it and "redone" suspension and the guy claims only 30 hours on the bike. all this for $3000. it is in need of nothing the chain/sprocket / plastics/ brakes /tires everythings good he says it is a 4 hour drive to it so i cant say ive seen it in person.

i am quite comfortable on my 2smoke but wanna get a 4 stroke as i wanna start enetring some races and there sanctioned to thumpers , i am 6 '1 and about 185 with gear on. am i too big for this bike as i wanna race in the 250 bracket. and does anyone have any info or reviews on this bike firsthand or from a firend , ive read all i could find on here and the web. any help would be much appriciated. thanks

-dan

I'm having a similar problem. Looking at trading my 05 YZ250 for a 250SX-F but I'm pondering if the little thumper is going to have enough grunt.

I go get mine tomorrow as well, that is if all runs, looks, and feels well. I hope they're as much fun as those little 2smoke 125's, but with some bottom end.