Sign in to follow this  

2006 kx250 clutch problem

firstly, my clutch pull felt really notchy and had a terrible action to it, i realised the basket fingers were grooved badly so i purchased a hinson basket to replace and ive found its not much better,

secondly, i noticed my push rod had almost been chewed on the part where the internal lever pushes it out,

thirdly, ive noticed my pressure plate (when the clutch lever is engaged) comes out uneven and not simultaniously, as in one spot pushes out noticably further than other parts of the pressure plate. (im thinking this could be due to worn clutch springs)

my inner clutch hub was slightly grooved but after carefully cleaning up with light grit sand paper and then polishing ive gotten it back to a smooth finish.

also what i think caused all this was i had a bearing let go in my gearbox with locked the bike up and ever since then the clutch hasnt been quite right,

would anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

thirdly, ive noticed my pressure plate (when the clutch lever is engaged) comes out uneven and not simultaniously, as in one spot pushes out noticably further than other parts of the pressure plate. (im thinking this could be due to worn clutch springs)

When you replaced the basket, you may not have pressed in the primary gear far enough. I did this once, and had the same symptoms. Use a press to seat it completely and evenly.

Best of luck - the 06 has a pretty stiff pull as it is.

i checked that and its all seated correctly,

would anyone else have any ideas or experiences?

found my problem!

the 2 bearings (in the magneto side casing) where my clutch lever arm goes in have chewed out the shaft causing the notchy feel,

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/kawasaki-motorcycle-kx-250-2006/o/m3767

(in the crankcase link)

the part numbers of the bearings im refering to are 92046A

only thing im concerned about its how to remove them, and how tight they are in there if anyone knows it would be much appreciated if they give me an insight,