Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx450f

I posted pictures of the bike in the pictures section, but i figured i would post them where they really belong in this forum. Just finished it on Saturday and rode it on Sunday! I made the switch from a 06 yz250f to this 07 kx450f and don't regret it one bit. This bike is amazing!

P1000550.jpg

P1000567-1.jpg

P1000566-1.jpg

P1000558.jpg

P1000561.jpg

P1000568.jpg

P1000556.jpg

My 07 is so stock....lol.

2007-KX450f-01.jpg

2007-KX450f-02.jpg

Just bought it brand new this month. It has about four hours on it now.

Looks good! thats how mine started out. It has about 29 hours on the bike. My friend had it and it was modded and I traded him my 250f for it stock and I went nuts! I see your from jersey, where do you ride?

Looks good! thats how mine started out. It has about 29 hours on the bike. My friend had it and it was modded and I traded him my 250f for it stock and I went nuts! I see your from jersey, where do you ride?

I don't ride anywhere special, right across the road up on the mountain/abandon train tracks then I have miles and miles of tracks and trails and a four mile ride down the tracks we have a little area we build a couple small/tight mx tracks for practice and play riding with some more trails. I haven't raced MX since fall of '99 and really don't plan on ever racing again - I just go out and play/trail ride on the weekends around home anymore.

Anyway, this is my first 4-stroke of the new MX bikes. I gotta say this is about the best stock suspension I've ever felt in the 23 years I've been riding! It just sooo plush and smooth, heh. My last bike, my 04 KX250 used to kill my ass, lol, and this thing rides like a Cadillac, heh. And I love the power! My last 4-stroke was a 03 Raptor and it was such a dog, lol, I hated it, no aggressive power = boring to me. These new 4-stroke MX bikes are a totally different thing, heh. Almost feels like a 2-stroke powerband but with tons of bottom end torque.

I kinda liked the idea of the new 09 with the fuel injection but they're just way out of my price range so I found the leftover 07 for $5525 out the door and couldn't be happier with it. Runs and handles perfect. Starts on the 2nd kick, no complaints....(other than a little on the loud side at wide open throttle).

I posted pictures of the bike in the pictures section, but i figured i would post them where they really belong in this forum. Just finished it on Saturday and rode it on Sunday! I made the switch from a 06 yz250f to this 07 kx450f and don't regret it one bit. This bike is amazing!

P1000550.jpg

P1000567-1.jpg

P1000566-1.jpg

P1000558.jpg

P1000561.jpg

P1000568.jpg

P1000556.jpg

Dude that is a sharp bike.

I don't ride anywhere special, right across the road up on the mountain/abandon train tracks then I have miles and miles of tracks and trails and a four mile ride down the tracks we have a little area we build a couple small/tight mx tracks for practice and play riding with some more trails. I haven't raced MX since fall of '99 and really don't plan on ever racing again - I just go out and play/trail ride on the weekends around home anymore.

Anyway, this is my first 4-stroke of the new MX bikes. I gotta say this is about the best stock suspension I've ever felt in the 23 years I've been riding! It just sooo plush and smooth, heh. My last bike, my 04 KX250 used to kill my ass, lol, and this thing rides like a Cadillac, heh. And I love the power! My last 4-stroke was a 03 Raptor and it was such a dog, lol, I hated it, no aggressive power = boring to me. These new 4-stroke MX bikes are a totally different thing, heh. Almost feels like a 2-stroke powerband but with tons of bottom end torque.

I kinda liked the idea of the new 09 with the fuel injection but they're just way out of my price range so I found the leftover 07 for $5525 out the door and couldn't be happier with it. Runs and handles perfect. Starts on the 2nd kick, no complaints....(other than a little on the loud side at wide open throttle).

Yea I wish I could afford an 09, my friend who I got this bike from has an 09 and he says its amazing! But I didn't really ride this bike stock so I couldnt tell the difference between stock suspension and re valved. This already came revalved .But the suspension is great on it! If your considering getting any suspension work I would recommended C-cycle. He is in CT and goes around to many races and will help you set up your suspension for the different tracks. Its a great bike and Enjoy! :)

Tommy, when you cut your seat down, did you leave that ridge at the back to keep you from sliding??

I cut 2 1/2" out of mine.

DSC_0262.jpg

Tommy, when you cut your seat down, did you leave that ridge at the back to keep you from sliding??

I cut 2 1/2" out of mine.

DSC_0262.jpg

Yes, I think I may have cut mine down only about an inch maybe an inch and a half. I then left the step at normal seat height. The step is by far the best mod i made because it actually keeps me on the bike! lol

Tommy155, in your 4th picture there is a red canister that all your hoses run into. What is it called and where did you get it?

Tommy155, in your 4th picture there is a red canister that all your hoses run into. What is it called and where did you get it?

It's a Pro Circuit part. It's an overflow vent filter. Check the PC website or e bay.