Sign in to follow this  

'95 DR350se w/kickstarter

I was wondering if a kickstarter can be installed in the SE model doctors? It doesn't come with one stock and I want that back up starter. If anyone has tried this , I would like to hear about it. Or if anyone has spare kicker parts. From the info I have found so far, it looks like the SE has the exact cases, but just missing the kicker components.

Also, does anyone have a full wiring diagram/ schematic for this bike? Thanks.

You can buy the parts and add the kickstart to any of the e-start models. You can save some money if you can find someone parting out an engine on ebay. Original Suzuki parts will set you back more than $300 for everything.

i was wondering about this myself. i have a 99 se. prolly won't go thru the trouble of doing it, but was wondering about it.

even when u install the kicker assembly, can u kick it over... or do you also have to install a decomp lever and assembly as well.

i had a 91 kick only, and without using decomp lever... it was a bear to kick!!

try a 650 kickstart only model then!!! man my right leg has grown since owning that beast!

try a 650 kickstart only model then!!! man my right leg has grown since owning that beast!

no thank you!! only reason i sold my 91 was cuz it was kick only..

dr014.jpg

finally found a e start model that wasn't all jacked up. pretty nice 99se... i dig it..

img_0974.jpg

bedfordoffroad009.jpg

i rode with a guy last weekend, he was on a yamaha 426, kick only. that thing ate his ass up. i was so happy to have my dr after watching him all day.

u want a good chuckle, watch the first 2 videos i took of him fighting this beast on page 50.. he lost his mind, but finally made it out in the last one.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420229&page=50

If you can't put a decompression lever on it, then it's really hard to kickstart a bike. I had a 93DR350 and I don't think I could of started it without decomp lever. Matter of fact even if I could of started it, I think it would of been a matter of time before I broke the kickstarter. I've always been a fan of both electric and kickstart, but for the trouble of installing a kickstart, I'd just practice roll starting the bike. Granted that's hard to do off road, especially in sand. Good luck either way.

P.S. I watched the video, and that's why I mostly ride alone. I couldn't take that whining.

The E-start bikes have an automatic compression release built into the cam. No trouble at all to kick once all the kick start parts are installed.

Man, I just bought a 426, DAMN! Yeah, the DR is a buddy of mine's. He's never ready to ride becuase his battery is always dead or somethin else is shot on it.... So, I thought if it was easy enough, I would install the kicker for him so he has no more excuses!!! Doesn't look like it's worth the time or money though. His wiring is all jacked up too, so looks like I'll be getting the old multi-meter out tonight!