Sign in to follow this  

need help from you offroaders!!

this probably isnt the right forum to ask this but i konw you guys will have the answers probably more so than anyone...

i need a good throttle tube set up. i always ran the wirtz aluminum tube with the bearings and i absolutly loved them. but, since i started racing more cross country races i went to a full handguard and i had to loose the ball bearing throttle tube and just go back to a stock tube with the end cut off.

that was ok for a few rides but it quickly started getting hard to twist finally to the point that it is affecting my riding.

what other options do i have? are there any tricks out there that i dont know about? i just want a really light twist throttle and one that stays fairly clean and doesnt get all packed with sand from a simple tip over in the sand.

thanks in advance guys, i look foreward to reading your responses.

I would think the bearing is a luxury. I have seen tubes with a bearing on the inside for your setup. I've been runing the stock tube for a long time and have only relpaced the cables. So if your stock tube has been sitting for a while your should grease the slide in the housing.

my 2 cents

im pretty sure my housing is getting worn so i guess i should just replace it along with a new tube and cables. they all have a little over 100 hours on them.

i just dont like how the sand and dirt gets under my tube after i have to cut the end off.

Don't put any oil or grease between the bar and tube - it will only collect dirt and gum things up. I use a throttle cam setup which have a cap on the end that pops off so no cutting on the tube. Best thing for sand is to lean your bike over work the throttle a few times to get the sand out. The only alternative would be to get some SX style hand guards that don't attach to the end of the bars.

yea, i had considered changing the style of guards that im using but i really like the added protection of having a full guard. there have been times when they have really saved my knuckles!!