Sign in to follow this  

Weird question....

Just wondering if any of you other guys have this happen....

Okay, you are healthy (no chest or head cold or anything like that) and a non-smoker. All is well and you're feeling fine. You get out there, beat the pi$$ out of yourself having a great time riding (obviously, this involves deep inhaling and exhaling.) You ride for day, pack up, and head home.

Alright, now you're at home. The bike is clean, you are clean, the day is done. Now, you get this little cough. Nothing big. When you cough, it tastes like phlegm when you have a chest cold. Nothing really comes up, but that small cough and nasty snot/phlegm taste stays for a day or two. A day or so later, the cough is gone along with the taste (still...no head or chest cold.)

What is that?

Inhaled dust or other crasp you inhaled previously that the exertion of the ride, worked loose.
Yeah, that or just throat irritation from all the heavy breathing.

Dave

Actaully, you're both right. This will happen to me when I over exert myself on a ride. Your throat will dry out from excessive heavy breathing, and all the dust you have been breathing in cakes to the inside of your lungs and throat. You're probably also dehydrated. Drink a TON of water.

Makes sense. The day was a wet-ish day and most of the track was pretty well moist. But, I guess there is still crap in the air. I think I can agree a bit with the dehydrated part. I know I didn't drink as much as I should have.

Anyway, I guess that is that. Thanks for the perspetives guys! :)

I don't think that has ever happen to me... But I like the taste of dirt in my mouth LOL

I just hate it when it all goes up nose and i sneez non stop for hours.

LOL if you swallow the dirt and you are riding somewhere animals such as cows, raccoons, etc use the bathroom you could get infected with a parasite. Small chance but just a thought.

...You ride for day, pack up, and head home.

...Now, you get this little cough.

...Nothing really comes up, but that small cough and nasty snot/phlegm taste stays for a day or two.

At least you have not been stricken by the other dreaded dirtbike-related affliction; Moto-boogers.

LOL if you swallow the dirt and you are riding somewhere animals such as cows, raccoons, etc use the bathroom you could get infected with a parasite. Small chance but just a thought.

Keep that $hit to yourself next time. I didn't need to know that. :)

Actaully, you're both right. This will happen to me when I over exert myself on a ride. Your throat will dry out from excessive heavy breathing, and all the dust you have been breathing in cakes to the inside of your lungs and throat. You're probably also dehydrated. Drink a TON of water.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Most people don't drink enough on a normal day, let alone a day at the track:ride:

Keep that $hit to yourself next time. I didn't need to know that. :)

Hahahahaha!

Yea but I've ate so much dirt from wrecking to being hit by a roost in the face by a big oll thumper that I'm prolly imune to it now LOL

Not gona let a little parasite ruin my fun lol:ride:

possible allergy's???

That's what happens to me after a day in the woods. Nose running like crazy all the next day, gone by the second day. Same thing happens after I mow the yard.

No allergies that I'm aware of. Never have classic symptoms (running nose, watery eyes, etc.) Strictly phlegmy cough thing. I think just the heavy breathing and lack of proper hydration are the answers in my case.