Sign in to follow this  

about that time of year again....

calling the tug hill crew and anyone close by.... spring is at the door and it's time to plan a ride again.... lets spit ball some dates

I'm here, just starting to get the bike ready.

There is a fellow out near you, he has a thread here somewhere, and posted on craigslist.

Dave

Wow, that's a big area! I looked it up. It's by Syracuse, North of the finger lakes. That is about 3 hours from me. Do you just go for the day or do you set up camp and make a weekend out of it?

i've only made the trip up there once... dave lives roughly two hours away and i'm an hour farther but there is some guys that live up that way... the time i went up we just made a full day of it but i'm sure if you stayed up there somewhere you could pull some teeth to get the guys up there to go a few in a row.

i've already had mine out a couple of times, but it's almost time to take apart and add an fcr and check some stuff out.

..... so what you think late march or early april for the first get together? up there or down this way?

shawn

I'd bet we will be out and about before the 'northern folks'.

I need grips, turn sigs, really need tires but will have to live with the old ones, have to fix the taillight, all kinds of little stuff to get it inspected.

Dave

Wow, that's a big area! I looked it up. It's by Syracuse, North of the finger lakes. That is about 3 hours from me. Do you just go for the day or do you set up camp and make a weekend out of it?

I have to imagine it's more than 3 hours from eastern CT...

Dave

Normal BS for me..... Bike won't start.... covered in mud, blood, and wd40 lol

hopefully be up in running by this weekend or next. On a side note, How come all the harley guys, and crotch rockets are out in droves, clean bikes, and so forth..... Are the bikes really just Gas and go?

cnydrzrider--what part of cny? i'm in Virginia Beach right now but I have a house near Oneida that I'm returning to next week. Finishing my time in the Army--my last week finally! I've put about 1000 miles on my bike in the last 30 days, but all aspalt. I'm ready for some dirt

hopefully be up in running by this weekend or next. On a side note, How come all the harley guys, and crotch rockets are out in droves, clean bikes, and so forth..... Are the bikes really just Gas and go?

You can't just drain the carb and start it on last years gas?

Dave

cnydrzrider--what part of cny? i'm in Virginia Beach right now but I have a house near Oneida that I'm returning to next week. Finishing my time in the Army--my last week finally! I've put about 1000 miles on my bike in the last 30 days, but all aspalt. I'm ready for some dirt

TSkellham, I'm not too far from you. It's about 30 minutes from my place to El Canelo's restaurant (make that trip a lot).

There's still about 2 feet of snow on the Southern part of Tug Hill, so it'll be a few weeks before the trails I ride will be open. I'm always looking for people to ride with in season, though.

I think there's somebody XR650LDave rides with once in a while who lives real close to you, in North Bay I think. Don't remember his Thumpertalk name. There's also a couple DS riders who attend the Tuesday night Bikes-at-the-Beach events in Sylvan Beach quite often, I've seen a newer KLR and a DRZ there quite a few times.

I work in syracuse, I can trailer mine up for an after-work ride sometime.... or I know good stuff nearer cortland.

Dave

harleys go to the shop for a bike r & r........ they take the back tire off and put it on a new bike and ride away:lol: ....... and i think the fuel injection for rockets gives them an edge.....

TSkellham, i'm actually next to watkins glen so more like southerntierdrz :)

You can't just drain the carb and start it on last years gas?

Dave

I wish.... I don't know, she is just a Bit*h to start in the begininng of season, or when she is cold, all this ever since doing the airbox and carb mods. It woke her up tremendously throughout the rev range though.

I wish.... I don't know, she is just a Bit*h to start in the begininng of season, or when she is cold, all this ever since doing the airbox and carb mods. It woke her up tremendously throughout the rev range though.

I'd suspect you are lean in the pilot circuit, then.

If you have a fuel screw, turn it open a bit more.

Dave

Nice to know there's a few guys in the general area to ride with. Can't wait to get back to CNY...home sweet home. Can't wait to get in the dirt. This bike hasn't seen any yet and myself, haven't been off-road in quite some time. So whenever a ride gets planned I'll probably hang out in the back of the pack for a little while.

Nice to know there's a few guys in the general area to ride with. Can't wait to get back to CNY...home sweet home. Can't wait to get in the dirt. This bike hasn't seen any yet and myself, haven't been off-road in quite some time. So whenever a ride gets planned I'll probably hang out in the back of the pack for a little while.

tskellham, if you haven't found it yet give this one a look over... (http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691651) we did just about a little of everything on that one and the pace for most of the day was really relaxed which made it nice, but at one point a couple bikes needed a little speed..... all in all i'd say a great group of guys with a good mixture of bikes (anyone on a dual sport has got to be right???)

tskellham, if you haven't found it yet give this one a look over... (http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691651) we did just about a little of everything on that one and the pace for most of the day was really relaxed which made it nice, but at one point a couple bikes needed a little speed..... all in all i'd say a great group of guys with a good mixture of bikes (anyone on a dual sport has got to be right???)

Wow, that looks like a great ride. I've been up to Redfield in the past except in a 4X4. Count me in for the next one.

Anybody up for the Snirt Run in Tug Hill

http://www.sno-pals.com/snirt.htm

looks to be extreme Mud again, and with my bald rear tire, I need someone to laugh with me at the amount of times dumping the bike..... lol

from what i've read on nyriders there is still a bunch of snow on the trails.... if they clear up some i'd be up for it but a three hour drive to ride snowy trails isn't my cup of tea