Sign in to follow this  

RMX450. Is it here yet?

We know it exists. We just have to keep calling and writing Suzuki to show that there is great interest and to pressure them to release it! Their customer service number is (714) 572-1490. Call and demand that they release the bike. Tell them that you know it already exists and you won't take no for an answer. Tell them that you won't buy it unless it has electric start, fuel injection, an aluminum frame and serious suspension. Tell them how great the racing team is and compliment the GSXR as it is their greatest accomplishment motorcycle wise. Ask where the watercraft is and ask if it has a turbo like Honda does. They hate Honda and will go out of their way to show their product is superior and may let the RMX info slip. Be sly and crafty and maybe if we all act together, we can get the bike before the next presidential election!

Go forward and draw fire!

Good Luck!

STS.

You'll see a DRZ400 with EFI before you see an RMX450.

Yeah your right, i dont think they will come out with a rmx 450. The Drz is a popular model and if they made a 450, then sales would drop way to much to keep the ever so popular drz 400 alive... maybe they will come out with a drz 450:banana:

I've already seen it! I just wish that I had bought the magazine and posted the picture so everyone can see it! Oh well........

Hopefully soon...........

STS.

I've heard differently, in the tune of an RMX for 2010. Was told that the current economic conditions may have an impact on the release of the new model though. We'll all know soon enough.

I've already seen it! I just wish that I had bought the magazine and posted the picture so everyone can see it! Oh well........

Hopefully soon...........

STS.

Where did you see it??, I want pictures, places and dates!

On a side note, I've spent about $650 turning my z450 into a "x" 450, and I'm still not done...

Where did you see it??, I want pictures, places and dates!

On a side note, I've spent about $650 turning my z450 into a "x" 450, and I'm still not done...

That's not bad, because it's going to cost a grip more to turn an "X" motor into a "Z".

You have to bank on Suzuki having a motor that passes CA green-sticker emissions, of which will be a very noticeably de-tuned motor than of the "Z". All of the other manufacturers have done the same and I can't see why Suzuki would want to release a red-sticker "X" model.

That being said, I'm sure the cost of ECUs, cams, pistons, etc. will cost considerably more than an 18" wheel, IMS tank, and seldom used headlights. The biggest advantage the "X" will probably have is an electric start.

I'm sorry but my Italian isn't what it should be, can anyone tell me what is being said? Is this a factory Suzuki?, or is it something that the importer did? Did you notice that it didn't have electric starting? Makes me think that it really is just a worked over z450. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's clearly not an X.

That's not bad, because it's going to cost a grip more to turn an "X" motor into a "Z".

You have to bank on Suzuki having a motor that passes CA green-sticker emissions, of which will be a very noticeably de-tuned motor than of the "Z". All of the other manufacturers have done the same and I can't see why Suzuki would want to release a red-sticker "X" model.

That being said, I'm sure the cost of ECUs, cams, pistons, etc. will cost considerably more than an 18" wheel, IMS tank, and seldom used headlights. The biggest advantage the "X" will probably have is an electric start.

Electric start would be nice. I got F-ed on my last race because we had to face

backwards and strattle the front fender. By the time I swung my leg over the

bike and got into position to kick the E start bikes were gone.

The model shown in the video is a RMZ dual sported by the Italna Importer, Mr Valenti (www.valentiracing.it).

He turns the RMX into an enduro and a supermoto adding lights, mirrors, passenger pegs, plate support and little more.

Of course it is intende for a sport/competition use.

It has come to my attention that I really don't give a dam if Suzuki makes the RMX450 or not. I am tired of Japanese manufacturers always worried about trying to please the masses. I am tired of compromise motorcycles designed by committee and manufactured by budgets. You would think that Suzuki would be anxious to put the case thing behind them but, we may never know. As long as KTM makes bikes for the riders, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki could implode for all I care. I know where I can always get a bike to suit my needs..........Could'a been a Suzuki though..............

Good Luck!

STS.

It looks like they are selling an RM125XC and RM250XC in England. 2 stroke with a larger tank and hand guards. That would mean an X is on their radar and they have had pretty good success with the fuel injected bikes in off road racing. I have read nothing of an electric starter.

It's the UK Importer that's going above and beyond the call that created the XC versions of the RM's, just like that Italian RMX.

You are right though, if the importer is doing this then the factory has got to be aware of it and has got to be at least considering it. I do know that the RM250XC would look awesome in my garage!

It has come to my attention that I really don't give a dam if Suzuki makes the RMX450 or not. I am tired of Japanese manufacturers always worried about trying to please the masses. I am tired of compromise motorcycles designed by committee and manufactured by budgets. You would think that Suzuki would be anxious to put the case thing behind them but, we may never know. As long as KTM makes bikes for the riders, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki could implode for all I care. I know where I can always get a bike to suit my needs..........Could'a been a Suzuki though..............

Good Luck!

STS.

And WHO on here gives a damn about a KTM?

I wish Suzuki would come out with a RMX model. I never owned one of the funny Z yellow bikes before I bought my RM and after that I was hooked. Ive owned and ridden all of the other jap brands and KTM's as well and just cant get the others to handle as good as the Suzuki. If and when suzuki comes out with an enduro 450 model I will be in line to buy one but if I decide to go with a new thumper in the near future I will do like everyone else is doing and buy a RMZ and convert it to a woods bike.

A secret for offroaders..... Rekluse clutch,,, it works and reduces the need for having to re-start your bike when riding. Kickstarting off a dead start is easy, just kick, I have beat many E-starters off the line by kickstarting, just take your vitamins.