Sign in to follow this  

What have you stripped from your brand new DRZ?

As the title reads. I have just wheeled my brand new S inside my living room (no garage here) and I am about to start taking off all the unecessary parts. Just looking to see what everyone else has discarded for styling and or weight reduction.

First thing on mines was the rear tailight assembly and the front and rear turn signals. Then i got a MRD exhaust the most weight savings.

+1 on the rear taillight and the pipe (full Yosh for me). :)

Then I went and put all that weight back on with a skid plate, case savers, rad guards, rim locks, fat rear tire (140/80)......:banghead:

Also first on mine was the tail light. Removed rear foot pegs, replaced the exhaust side with billet bracket. Removed chain guard, stock front fender(replaced with 09 KTM) removed stock head light and guages. Trail Tech was added, removed speedo drive, added cover plate. Removed stock silencer replaced with a billet end. Removed top tripple clamp replaced with BRP unit, removed stock bars, replaced with TAG. Added Lynx fairing with HID low beam. Pics to come boyz.

Kick Stand safety switch, Clutch safety switch, Idiot Lights, Tool Bag and tools, Helmet lock, Seat grab stap, All decals, Raditor Overflow catch can, Front side reflectors and rear fender cut to botom of license palate. All that with in the first 2 miles :) Sure looks a hell of alot cleaner.

You got one of the charcoal canisters up there in ssssiisskatchewon? Helmet lock, bob the subframe, loose inches in plastic, get rid of those wheels... and everything else mentioned above. :)

Raditor Overflow catch can

and this helps???

kjpiel, I see you removed the front sprocket guard, did you fit anything in it's place to protect the case? I know I used to have a clip of sorts on my CR in its place.

kjpiel, I see you removed the front sprocket guard, did you fit anything in it's place to protect the case? I know I used to have a clip of sorts on my CR in its place.

You take the plastic piece off but keep the two spacers and the actual metal guard that are with the plastic piece.

hpim1518up4.jpg