Sign in to follow this  

OH NO! Not another @#$%ing oil thread.

Yea, Yea. I know. I may as well start a thread about abortion.

I've read all the oil threads and now feel more like drinking than dirt riding.

I think I'm leaning towards Amsoil 10W-30 MCT($9.95/qt) My typical ride temps are 50-85 degrees F. I welcome any thoughts. But I realized that Lucas was absent from all the names listed. Any reason?

BTW, I was at a bike shop the other day and I mentioned some guys using Rotella which is designed for diesels. You shoulda seen his face. You would have thought I asked if I could boink his mom. lol.

Lots of guys use Rotella. Pick an oil and run with it. You're going to get 1,000,000,000,000 differing responses to this question. Good on ya for starting another oil thread though and insuring it contained the word Rotella in the first post :):banghead: :banghead: :foul:

BTW, I was at a bike shop the other day and I mentioned some guys using Rotella which is designed for diesels. You shoulda seen his face. You would have thought I asked if I could boink his mom. lol.

Isn't that the best look ever....:) Everyone thinks that a yamaha has to use yamalube.

By the way, I have used Rotella for years....

LOL. even though people are religious about rotella

I say stay away from oil designed to be emissions safe and made for a car's low performance low rpm motor

get a oil thats made to be used with a wet clutch, like the amsoil you said, or bel ray

why be cheap with a piece of metal spinning over 13000 rpm under you

btw, if you pay amsoil 30 dollars per year, you can become a dealer and get there oil for much cheaper, along with NGK and Twin Air

I believe it was SunRuh who sent rotella in for oil analysis as well as many other more expensive oils and found that it held up better then most of the others. Metal spinning isn't what destroys an oil, it's the pressure. And rotella is designed for high pressure diesel applications. So really it is designed for what we use it for High pressure race engines. Diesel or gas the engines are the same there both reciprocating engines. Now if you were dealing with turbine oils now that's an oil designed for something entirely different and would definitely not work. By the way my buddy rides a 07 GSXR 1000 and he runs rotella.

Who cares? Just keep changing it. Fresh oil is the best oil.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. While I have you on the subject, could I ask for some advice on which oil filter you prefer for the WR? Thanks, I know the oil/filter questions get old.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. While I have you on the subject, could I ask for some advice on which oil filter you prefer for the WR? Thanks, I know the oil/filter questions get old.

Try doing a search, the subject of oils and oil filters has been covered many times. No point in typing in the same answers... I use SS oil filters, reusable and better flow IMO...

I say stay away from oil designed to be emissions safe and made for a car's low performance low rpm motor

i will agree with lower rpm but your talking out your :) about low performance. show me a low performance diesel :banghead: :banghead: :foul::p:busted::crazy:

with that said i think the quality of rotela went down when they updated it to the cj-4 . it still a desent oil but man does it stink when its stressed even at and i change my oil 2 to 3 hours

The SS reusable filters will save you money in the long run. I am using the ready racings comp flow filter. I have heard the scotts are better, but I was able to get a great deal on the compflows. I purchased two of them so the oil changes are faster and I have more time to clean the filter that is out of the bike.