Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400-S Tires

Haven't been to the forum in a while, looking to put on new tires. I am just checking if there are anything new out there, I ride about 80/20 dirt/street, currently have KENDA K760 Trak Master II 80/100-21 Front

KENDA K760 Trak Master II 120/100-18 Rear

I ride in lots of mud and stone any updated suggestions?

I think you will find that the Dunlop D 606's are a favorite. I do 95/5 street/dirt and get about 5K miles out of them. Going to convert to SM this week.

I love the 606's for 50/50... but for 80/20 assuming your fine with the TMII's on the street and your cool with the wear, I'd go with another set.

I liked the MT21's just as much as my 606's that I ran, being about equal (to me anyway) off road but the MT21's seemed to be just a little bit better on the road.

Right now I'm running Pirelli XCMH's on the DRZ and while not nearly as good on the road as the MT21's, they (so far anyway) seem to be killer off road.

I'm running an 80/100 and a 140/80 btw

I've been riding D606's for the past two years. Primarily ride dirt. Rear was good, but had difficulty with the front washing-out. Did a query awhile back, and a number of people recommended switching to MT21's on the front. Will be doing that this weekend.

i would suggest staying with the kenda rear.. i love that tire it's a great deal.. as for the front i honestly couldn't tell ya i just hear the kenda is bad. I had the michelin ac10 which i didnt like offroad.. i also had a pirelli mt18 front for a bit and I liked that one..

i would suggest staying with the kenda rear.. i love that tire it's a great deal.. as for the front i honestly couldn't tell ya i just hear the kenda is bad. I had the michelin ac10 which i didnt like offroad.. i also had a pirelli mt18 front for a bit and I liked that one..

I checked out the Dunlop 606s, I ride alot of mud lots of atv ruts the Trackmaster II work prettty good but definatly wear on the road more about 2000miles are my average. But they are 1/2 the price.

Wow, those look pretty sweet.

Yeah, so far they're working that way too.

If you don't mind running a non-DOT tire...Maxxis IT or Desert IT will blow the TMII outta the water on traction AND life...Even on pavement. Good stuff.

606's are also good.

I personally hated the MT21 front. Handling and wear were poor.

If dirt is your thing, I think the TMII's are about as aggressive as it gets, short of a Terraflex, or Motoz Tractionator or Tracula (search the Dual Sport forum for info on the Motoz). I run a TMII rear and love it. I prefer the Pirelli MT-16 on the front thought.

Ive got a kenda 777 enduro front 90/100 with a trackmaster in the rear .The 777 kenda front is a real good tire . I ride 90% off road muddy, rocky . Ive had it on one season allready and its held up well.

Kenda also has a new 779 soft terrain Dot rear tire in a 130 and a 140. Check out the kenda motorcycle tire site. click on dualsport and you'll see both the new 779 rear and the 777 front.

I went from a set of MT 21's F/R to Kenda 760's.

MT21 only lasted 1000 miles offroad.

I prefer the 760's but I haven't ridden on the road much.

Trackmaster II's are hard to beat in the dirt when your talking about a DOT tire...the 606's are good but don't hook up as well when conditions become dry slick.

Love my TM II's . I run front and rear, but I have considered going back to the MT-16 in the front, they seem to do better off road.

I really trust my TM's on the road, cause I have really hung some turns with them even to the point where the side nobs start to get a litte loose on me.

Thanks for the input, I just changed my gearing to 14/47 I will run my current set of Trackmaster II's on the road till it dries out, then probably get a fresh set for the spring trails. I still have my original trailwings for the road.

I run a michelin ac10 front and a terraflex rear and I am far and again happier with this set up versus my old 606. The back 606 is pretty good, but the front washed out alot easier. The ac10 seems to be a pretty good back tire too, my buddy runs it in the back and its been workin great. But then again we ride mostly dirt.