Sign in to follow this  

1st XR650R...

Why can't I find the Honda XR650R on Honda's website? I can only see the 650L :banghead: .

For my 18th birthday I'm getting an XR650R. I plan on making some minor upgrades for now, things like a gas tank and some Baja Design 8" lights :).

Why can't I find the Honda XR650R on Honda's website? I can only see the 650L :banghead: .

For my 18th birthday I'm getting a used XR650R. I plan on making some minor upgrades for now, things like a gas tank and some Baja Design 8" lights :).

Fixed. Honda doesn't make that model anymore.

I was wondering the same thing. Why did they quit making it? I guess everyone is buying the 450's.

I'm sure it was strictly bean counter logic. They never produced that many per year. They just were not a mass market bike. They last too long. I'm sure the life cycle revenue on a CRF450 is double a 650R.

I'm sure it was strictly bean counter logic. They never produced that many per year. They just were not a mass market bike. They last too long. I'm sure the life cycle revenue on a CRF450 is double a 650R.

Yeah, that makes sense.

1. it was a purpose made desert bike so they didnt make and sell alot

2. what was said earlier they are bullet proof and have double the service life of a 450

3......if you just have to have a new 650r you can look around and still find them...but i would just get a 450X if you have to have a brand new bike

there is a guy on craigslist in Needles/Bullhead city area thats listing a brand new STILL in crate 07 650R with a bit of extras! saw that and wondered how the heck he still had one in factory crate

i think i saw that one as well about a week ago