Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Speed Race Coverage Quality

-Is it me or is the quality of sx race video not that clear. It seems like some camera's have a clear picture, while others are grainy. Its almost like the camera's they are using can't catch the moving images, while slower and still images are pretty clear.

-I can watch a nascar driving 180 mph and its crystal clear. Yet a motocross bike doing 30 mph is fuzzy?

Just wondered if anyone else notices this...

The fog inside the stadium didn't help any either..

-Is it me or is the quality of sx race video not that clear. It seems like some camera's have a clear picture, while others are grainy. Its almost like the camera's they are using can't catch the moving images, while slower and still images are pretty clear.

-I can watch a nascar driving 180 mph and its crystal clear. Yet a motocross bike doing 30 mph is fuzzy?

Just wondered if anyone else notices this...

The fog inside the stadium didn't help any either..

There ya have it. It looked like smoke from the circus show before the races.

I noticed the same thing. I also noticed it say Speed in HD now but quality is not HD.

The picture quality on speed sucks ! CBS is 20x better. No high def on speed.

Plus Ralph shaheen is a tool ! Is erin bates morfing into a freaking horse or what ? She hit the wall man..

I thought it was my old big screen, not HD, But my buddy said his HD was the same crap picture. I don't know what it is. You would think some production people would fix it.

Yeah I don't get it. I can watch nascar highlights on speed and they are very sharp and clear. But a supercross race is not even close. Some camera shots the bikes just blur by and aren't clear at all. Are they using cheap cameras or what?

Same here. The image really sucked. I know it was the feed from speed because when it went to commercial, it was clear again.

It was really, really grainy - even my wife commented how bad it looked.

In the New Orleans one you could see it changing. One second the rocks in the dirt were really defined then it would change and you couldn't see them. I also noticed at the last round of outdoors at Steel City they had one camera that was really messed up. The top half of the screen was green and the bottom half was red. How did the producer and other members of the crew not notice that?

I've been noticing it at all the rounds. At first I though it was my new TV, but as soon as a commercial comes on, its crystal clear. I don't get it, how can the producers not notice this either.

I thought it was pretty bad too...but seemed to get better on diff camera angles?? mabe it was just me?? But the quality was sure bad noticed it last race too.

Y'all didn't think they were going to let Billy Bob run out to the inside of turn 6 with the same camera used at the Super Bowl did ya? :)

Congratulations to you all to take it so for granted that you can get on here and complain about picture quality instead of them not being on TV at all. Why, when I was your age... :banghead:

• Like 1

I"m just they are on at all. In the past it could be a week or more after the race before we could see them. It's a step up from last year and it sounds like the MX races are going to be covered better this year so I'm happy.:)

The show is definately good, and yes its great to get to see them every week. We are lucky for that luxury.

Thank god we got to see the winnier cross the finish line with the picture in picture shot. I guess that's better than hearing them tell us who won as we watch a battle for 11th place.

Y'all didn't think they were going to let Billy Bob run out to the inside of turn 6 with the same camera used at the Super Bowl did ya? :)

Congratulations to you all to take it so for granted that you can get on here and complain about picture quality instead of them not being on TV at all. Why, when I was your age... :banghead:

you said it!

i remember having to wait all year just to watch the usgp at carlsbad on

wide world of sports.

and that was it for mx coverage!