Sign in to follow this  

Need some opinions

04 CRF250x

Standard CCC mods

160 main, jet needle 4th groove,70 leak jet,pilot screw 2 3/4 turns out,

air box cut(just snorkle) but no pink wire mod. X header pipe w/ R muffler.

About to do my second top end rebuild.

I'm going with a JE 13:1 piston,and SS intake valves.

My question is with the high comp piston should I cut more off the air

box? I have a JD jet kit (I never installed because the bike ran fine

with mods listed), should I install now? Anything else I should consider?

I'd say put in the new piston, and SS valves, and see how it runs. If it runs bad, adjust accordingly. If she runs fine, then hell yeah!

cccmod is to open up your bike for competition, You just rejetted basically. Your bike is pretty much stock. The biggest part of the ccc mod is the r cam the r header the pink wire . The rest of the ccc mods just compliments these changes. The higher compression piston won't change your jetting needs. Same amount of air going in and out as the stock piston.Try finishing off the ccc mods , you'll notice more of a diffrence than the high comp piston.

I have basically the same setup as you described except I went with the JE 13.5:1 piston. I run a FMF powerbomb pipe and the same jetting as you except my fuel screw is about 1.5 turns out. I also run a blend of 110 race gas and 93 pump 70/30. I'm very happy with the JE mod.

how do you use the bike Tom? no, the airbox won't need more area just for the 13.5. You may want to open it to complete the CCC mods, along with a r cam. But that depends on what your after.

2 things guys don't mention much about CCC mods here. 1. the CCC bulletin says ALL the mods should be done 2. the bike should go on a R maintenance program.