Sign in to follow this  

KTM suspension tuner in new england??

I need to get heavier springs and a revalve and looking for a reputable place hopefully somewhat local in new england.

So far I'm thinking of Factory Connection in NH but thought I'd ask. I'm just thinking they must have lots of KTM experience from supporting Lafferty

You looking for a MX revalve or a offroad revalve?

There are a few to choose from depending what you ride.

FC (NH) does woods and MX

WER (NJ) has a good woods setup

CCycle (CT) has a good woods and MX setup

GP Racing (NY) does both

You may want to double check the Lafferty statement. He did got to FC but more recently changed it up again (after some poor results) but I don't know if he went back to EE or FC finally got it right.

I want a woods setup, but ideally I'm after something I can stiffen up for some jumping or a mx setup I can soften up to ride the woods.

I want a woods setup, but ideally I'm after something I can stiffen up for some jumping or a mx setup I can soften up to ride the woods.

Sorry this isn't possible in New England.. Woods in New England is way to different than MX to have a good overlapping setup. Part of the problem is the speeds you can carry on a MX track verse the woods. For the most part fast woods riders average 18-24 mph, on the more technical stuff 14 mph is not uncommon.. MX is a lot faster than that and would require a lot stiffer setup..

Best idea would decide what you ride most of the time and then deal with how it reacts on the other terrian..

I don't really plan on riding MX tracks with this bike I just want something I can do some play jumps on and not bottom and ride the woods more aggressively.

Should I do the bladder conversion on the rear which is what factory connection recommends? I had one on a 250 and didn't really notice it?

I don't personally think the bladder conversion is worth the money. If you want a bladder, buy the less expensive RT or WER one.

I personally don't like FC woods setup either. To mushy for my tastes.

I'm still undecided on the bladder but will probably end up doing it since it's really not much extra.

What about doing fork sub tanks? Think they are worth it? would they really help since I'm heavier?

I just wish I could try the setup before buying but I know that's probably not possible

the bladder is useless, and only for the shops that dont have the proper bled pump, subtanks work great on the open chamber fork, I have them on my 525 thier just icing on the cake, they wont make up for a bad fork but added to a good re valve thier awesome, as for a tuner in your area, for woods, Works Enduro Rider all the way.

Mike