Sign in to follow this  

Pictures of installed EBC 320MM front rotor and mirror mod

I ordered up (well won it on Ebay actually) an oversized 320MM EBC front brake rotor kit for my DRZ, and thought you guys might like to check it out.

I’ve never been too fond of the stock S brakes and wanted a little more stopping power up front. Any how, installed it last night and took for a ride and it’s a nice improvement over stock! More bite up front and it seems smoother stop than with the stock rotor. A performance brake line of coarse would be the next step to get the full potential, but for now am going to run with it like this.

7d595628.jpg

Quite a bit bigger than the stock S rotor!

f1a3699a.jpg

Yes, I know I’m running the sm fork guards on the conventional forks. Mainly wanted to see what they looked liked on it.

297d261b.jpg

First thing I noticed while I was riding down the road was the sound of the floating rotor, kind of a cool sound.

069a0e08.jpg

d95ae0a2.jpg

I was also playing around with Dual Star mirrors a little bit and wondered how they would work on the ends of the hand guards. I’m not sure I like them there and I can understand if you think they are silly mounted there, but was just wanted to see how they’d look there. Visibility is not bad, but you have to turn your head a long way from side to side to see which is kind of annoying, but I’m sure I could get used to that if I really wanted to keep them there. Probably just through my stock ones back on I suppose. You be the judge of how they look there.

fe31e810.jpg

39de4174.jpg

06bf29ae.jpg

d9f81b26.jpg

Sharp! I've been thinking about going the 320 route myself. Nice bike!

I'm going to get flamed for this, but pick up a set of Honda's HH MX racing pads for your bike (yes, Honda makes race pads for Suzukis). They work far better than even EBC's HH pads with this rotor. I have the same setup on my '03 DRZ-E and it bites HARD.

Thanks guys!! It was kind of funny, I didn't realize at first how tight the bolts holding the stock caliper on were! Factory Loctite I guess. I had to heat them up to get them off.

Where did you get the fork protectors? Nice Job by the way!

I bought the fork protectors from Wheeling Cycle, http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=96&offset=30

I'm going to get flamed for this, but pick up a set of Honda's HH MX racing pads for your bike (yes, Honda makes race pads for Suzukis). They work far better than even EBC's HH pads with this rotor. I have the same setup on my '03 DRZ-E and it bites HARD.

Thanks for the info, good to know!:)

hey ,,is that a simple bolt on or do i need other parts to make the caliper fit ..it looks great on your bike ,,, i got to get me one

hey ,,is that a simple bolt on or do i need other parts to make the caliper fit ..it looks great on your bike ,,, i got to get me one

Yup, everything is included in the kit to mount it, no modification necessary. Part number for the kit is: SM6017LD. The bolts that come with the kit are a little to long as they will hit the rotor when screwed all the way in, so you will need to purchase two shorter bolts, but really no big deal.

Looks clean, Austen!!

Thank you!!

YEAH, i was going to go with anm oversized front rotor too,but after replacing the front line with a stainless unit,it's plenty for off road.And much less expensive.

just saying.

YEAH, i was going to go with anm oversized front rotor too,but after replacing the front line with a stainless unit,it's plenty for off road.And much less expensive.

just saying.

I hear ya.:)

The bolts that come with the kit are a little to long as they will hit the rotor when screwed all the way in, so you will need to purchase two shorter bolts, but really no big deal.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I ended up cutting mine with a Dremel. I'd like to replace them with some nice stainless cap screws.

Looks nice guys. Could we have a little more info on the kit please, ie, the name, price, part numbers. Thanks :)

Looks nice guys. Could we have a little more info on the kit please, ie, the name, price, part numbers. Thanks :banghead:

If you're referring to the one I got, it's made by EBC. I think they normally run around $200 or so, I got mine off Ebay for about half. The part number is SM6017LD. This part number would of coarse be different if you have an SM.

Looks good Bad Bob!:)