Beta RR rear bearings - handy tip!

In the rear wheel of the Beta enduro you have 3 bearings....which are 2 x 6004 2RS and a narrower one ( 8mm instead of 12mm)...

The Narrow bearing is a lot more expensive BUT if you take 4mm off rear wheel spacer you can then use 3 pcs of the 6004 type...

Any I'm told from the Beta guys it works a treat!!

Anyone done this?

• 3 months later...

When you do this mod you have to take the 4mm off the sprocket side, wheel spacer.

DO NOT do what i did & shorten the tube that sits between the bearings by 4mm, :worthy: . Now i have to go & buy another tube :banana: .

It made sense before i shortened the tube but once i did that, i realised what i did wrong, :banana: .

• 3 years later...

When you do this mod you have to take the 4mm off the sprocket side, wheel spacer.

DO NOT do what i did & shorten the tube that sits between the bearings by 4mm, :banghead: . Now i have to go & buy another tube :banghead: .

It made sense before i shortened the tube but once i did that, i realised what i did wrong, :banghead: .

Do you have a part number or a good place to get a set of bearings? My local dealer is dragging his feet.

In the rear wheel of the Beta enduro you have 3 bearings....which are 2 x 6004 2RS and a narrower one ( 8mm instead of 12mm)...

The Narrow bearing is a lot more expensive BUT if you take 4mm off rear wheel spacer you can then use 3 pcs of the 6004 type...

Any I'm told from the Beta guys it works a treat!!

Anyone done this?

Yes .Works good for me. Now if I could just get some stainless wheel spacers.

• 1 year later...

Old thread.  But I need bearings for my 08 525 rear, think this trick will work for me?  I just removed the bearings and sure enough have 2x6005rs and 1x16005rs.  I can get the 6005's at the local bearing supply store, but no go on the 16005.

yeah, I found those and the ones on amazon.. But I'm thinking I'd like to go the 3x6005 route if possible.  The more I look at it the more I'm thinking It's going to work out just fine trimming the sprocket side spacer 4mm.  That will allow me to use standard bearings from here on out.

I haven't seen how they are arranged. My only concern would be if the bearing was fully supported by the hub. If it protruded at all I would shy away. Any industrial supply house should be able to source them. You are always better off looking for a bearing by dimensions vs part numbers. Trimming the spacer sounds easy enough if going that route.