Sign in to follow this  

Sciatic Nerve pain

Hi, Im 17 years old and I race the 250 Junior class on a CR250. Lately my love for pit bikes has blossomed into a very severe case of siatica. Some days I can barely walk. I would appreciate any advice on how to overcome my problem.

-Thanks

Stretch.Stretch.Stretch. What is happening this that your nerve is being pinched in either by your clutes (butt muscles) or your lower back.

Keep your cardio up, drink lots of water and if possible, gets massages when you can. What all of this does is increase circulation and relax the muscles that are pinching your nerve. Make sure that someone that is certified to show you how to stretch the right way. IF you do it the wrong way, you will end up in more pain. I hope this helps

Is the pain only associated with riding or do you have it all the time?

There are a significant number of potential causes of Sciatica and there is a possibility of permanent damage in some cases - if you feel it is severe you should definitely go and see a Doctor.

Trade the pit bike for a road bicycle and spin. Your ass and back will get strong along with your legs.